Miscellaneous book trivia and stuff (1 Viewer)

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
brainwashed.com
I had no interest in her books but enjoyed that article and now I’m slightly more interested in reading one of her books. She needs to do some short stories about ghosts though to really grab me.

snakybus

Supporter
Website
www.groomtheband.com
I quite liked her first book even though I disliked the characters. I think Anne Enright does similar stuff with more insight and depth of character. But still, very skilled and enjoyable I'll likely read theis new one. Up Mayo.

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
that article said:
I registered Marianne’s porcelain outsiderness as doing something else: as telling a story about the quintessential oddness of small-town Irish life, where minor aesthetic divergences like the absence of fake tan, wearing a loudly patterned dress, or the fact Marianne doesn’t “put make-up on [her] face,” will quickly have you labeled goth or emo
Hahaha - my eldest has been called "emo" as an insult on the streets of Drogheda for, I think, exactly these 3 reasons

chris d

Supporter
Hahaha. I was about to post, "I hated Room so no thanks" but it turns out she didn't write Room. I've hated her for years now thinking she wrote that book.

So, sorry about that.

taubstumm

Supporter
Website
www.kvt.red
I had no interest in her books but enjoyed that article and now I’m slightly more interested in reading one of her books. She needs to do some short stories about ghosts though to really grab me.

whoever the hell it is who is doing her marketing is certainly earning their dosh. it’s a bit bizarro that a mayo marxist is suddenly beyoncé. good books and all but the hoopla is pretty weird.

there are even hype articles about how hyped up all the hype is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads