Miscellaneous Articles You Should Read (2 Viewers)

'Regardless of the ultimate cause, music and "frisson" are so powerful because they remind us what it is like to be alive.'

WTAF? Are we ghosts, that we need to be reminded what it is like to be alive?
I think Killers put that question better when they asked if we were human or dancer

just to be clear - i don't for one minute think it's "sentient", but that doesn't take away from the fact that it does a bloody good job at pretending to be a person.

yeah, 'we wrote a program to do a good job of pretending it's sentient', and it doing a good job of pretending it's sentient, doesn't make it sentient. and the questions were a bit softball, to be fair.

yeah, 'we wrote a program to do a good job of pretending it's sentient', and it doing a good job of pretending it's sentient, doesn't make it sentient. and the questions were a bit softball, to be fair.
well he opened with "hi, tell me about how you're sentient" alright BUT I think there's a lot more going on there than just "pretend you're sentient"... I mean they wrote a general purpose chatbot thing that's capable of having what appears to be an absolutely believable conversation on a fairly advanced concept, and that's what really impressed me.

also i suppose there's also a chance that the responses weren't constructed at all, but were lifted directly from some of the billions of text samples used to train the AI in the first place. Even so, the fact that it seems to show that it can recall previous conversations, and follow a train of thought, and even shows a level of insight... that's mad shit. At what point does it stop mattering that it's "fake" sentience?

i guess we'll find out soon if the turing test is actually up to the task.
i didn't read the whole conversation, but was there any attempt for it to take the initiative? a 'hey, let me ask some of the questions for once?' vibe?

I don't read Wired. I don't really understand the whole article. But it touches on a whole bunch of things that you intelligentsia IT people probably already know. It's a couple of years old.

also i suppose there's also a chance that the responses weren't constructed at all, but were lifted directly from some of the billions of text samples used to train the AI in the first place. Even so, the fact that it seems to show that it can recall previous conversations, and follow a train of thought, and even shows a level of insight... that's mad shit. At what point does it stop mattering that it's "fake" sentience?
Not getting that it loves us all that much
And it's maybe not wrong either

1655753783546.png

My post could easily have been written by an "AI", if that's how would like to put it, probably. I don't know, electric sheep and shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back