Miscellaneous Articles You Should Read (7 Viewers)

The first part of this blew my fucking mind

It’s Easy to Borrow Money If You Have Money

Rich people in the US now hate paying tax so much that they're borrowing against their wealth instead of cashing it in. "Wealth management borrowing". The borrowing doesn't count as income, has effectively zero interest, they pay zero tax on it, and never pay it off, just rolling it up into new loans that get paid off when they die. What despicable cunt even came up with this idea? Things are worse than I imagined

The first part of this blew my fucking mind

It’s Easy to Borrow Money If You Have Money

Rich people in the US now hate paying tax so much that they're borrowing against their wealth instead of cashing it in. "Wealth management borrowing". The borrowing doesn't count as income, has effectively zero interest, they pay zero tax on it, and never pay it off, just rolling it up into new loans that get paid off when they die. What despicable cunt even came up with this idea? Things are worse than I imagined
That's how Jeff and co. avoid paying tax alright

Loads of good stuff on here for those of us of a certain vintage. I myself first got onto the internets via one of them IOL floppy disks in a cardboard box. Good times.

an interesting article, but made way more interesting by the addition of a simple new convention — after each person’s name, the name of the british public school they attended is listed in brackets. I’d like to propose that this become a universal new rule for all articles about anything to do with the sasanaigh from now on.

Boarding schools have a lot in common with borstals. Why someone would send a child there is mystery. Very miserable places places to grow up unless you want to be a pro rugby player or something.

an interesting article, but made way more interesting by the addition of a simple new convention — after each person’s name, the name of the british public school they attended is listed in brackets. I’d like to propose that this become a universal new rule for all articles about anything to do with the sasanaigh from now on.
One of my favourite authors, on occasion my favourite author, Sonya Hartnett has a good non-class war way of approaching this (not that i'm against class war, but nevertheless) pointing out that if you decide beforehand how rich each of your characters is half the story writes itself, "every decision is based on your characters financial background."

and I think it's a really good point, very wealthy people can make really good "art" or whatever, but it's hard to do that if you're pretending that every second of 99.9% of everyone's day doesn't have some kind of financial reasoning behind it. The story itself will ring hollow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back