Miscellaneous Articles You Should Read (1 Viewer)

That's the point of these "schools" innit? Basically you have a babysitter that makes sure your trip doesn't turn bad. I wonder do they also take all the fun out of it? And, like, what if you were tripping with your wife, could you ask the trip-sitter to fuck off for 10 mins if you were stricken with horniness?

This is a v short article - I've been reading that book that everyone was giving out about, about a woman fleeing to the US with her young son after their family is gunned down by a narco-gang. Got me wondering why and how Mexico and other south American countries got so fucked up, and if it is just purely the cocaine, or just poverty, or what, and found this little thing talking about evidence the there's a direct relationship between inequality and violent crime

Do you agree that sign o the times was the last great album or are there actually others since that are kinda not being taken on?
Kind of agree, kind of disagree. Black Album, Lovesexy and Batman are all great for one thing, Lovesexy is lyrically and emotionally the end of the journey that he started on in 1980, and while it's a bit unsatisfying due to his new interest in overproduction it's still a very good album.

90s onwards you have to be willing to get on the Prince train and go where he goes, not where you want him to go. Someone quoted him saying "I've seen the top of the mountain, there's nothing there" which sort of explains why he refused to give people what they wanted from him.

Anyway, Come, The Gold Experience and Rainbow Children are all good start to finish, with the caveats that you need to be willing to go along with the filth of Come, the cheese of the Gold Experience, and the WTF IS ALL THIS ABOUT of The Rainbow Children.

There's a period from 1993-1995 where he recorded an unholy amount of top-drawer music that ended up getting released randomly over the years, often with new production that imho ruins a lot of it. It's a pity so much good stuff has been consigned to bootlegsville.

You hear stories; allegedly 90% of 3121, Planet Earth and Lotusflow3r were all recorded in one 48 hour period in 2004. You can actually still here some segues and lyrical connections between the three that make sense once you find that out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back