Miscellaneous Articles You Should Read (1 Viewer)

much of the original Facebook content relating to QAnon consists of videos posted by mothers — visibly furious, sometimes in tears — about the alleged sinister messages used to “brainwash” their children through toys or Disney movies.
Something like this happened to a good friend of mine in secondary school - his ma got obsessed with brainwashing messages in heavy metal music, burned all his records and made him listen to American evangelical sermons instead. She also, famously, got out of her broken down car in the middle of Wexford town and shouted at the demon to get out of the engine

K
Something like this happened to a good friend of mine in secondary school - his ma got obsessed with brainwashing messages in heavy metal music, burned all his records and made him listen to American evangelical sermons instead. She also, famously, got out of her broken down car in the middle of Wexford town and shouted at the demon to get out of the engine

Kind of sad for the guy but an awesome story

When people are experiencing very intense things, they often report afterwards that "time slowed down".

The guy who wrote this paper dropped participants 30m from a “SCAD” (Suspended Catch Air Device) at a Texas amusement park, and checked whether they were able to discern rapidly flickering digits better than they could when not falling. They could not.

lol I mean it had to be done but it still feels like time slowed down. Feelings don't care about your facts.

As part of the work, they discovered that the universe undergoes a baffling rearrangement. At the outset, the black hole is at the center of space and the radiation is flying out. But after enough time has passed, the equations say, particles deep inside the black hole are no longer part of the hole anymore, but part of the radiation. They have not flown outward, they've simply been reassigned.

This is significant because these interior particles would ordinarily contribute to the entanglement entropy between the black hole and the radiation. If they are not part of the black hole anymore, they no longer contribute to the entropy, explaining why it begins to decrease.

The authors dubbed the inner core of radiation the “island” and called its existence “surprising.” What does it mean for particles to be in the black hole, but not of the black hole? In confirming that information is retained, the physicists eliminated one puzzle only to create an even bigger one. Whenever I asked Almheiri and others what it meant, they looked off into the distance, momentarily lost for words.

An article about an article

I don't know if there were any songs, good or bad, about the post-2008 economic woes but this guy may have been looking in the wrong places..

Have Van Morrison, U2, Geldof, Paul Brady, the Undertones, Sinéad O’Connor, the Cranberries (before the tragic death of Dolores O’Riordan) had anything provoking to say to that decade or more of bank bailouts, austerity, healthcare cuts or extreme housing crises? Nothing notable of any great significance from Christy Moore, [Dónal] Lunny, Shane MacGowan, Dolores Keane, Sharon Shannon, Frances or Mary Black
In fairness I have seen Frances Black singing at poverty-related things around the dail

An article about an article

I don't know if there were any songs, good or bad, about the post-2008 economic woes but this guy may have been looking in the wrong places..

In fairness I have seen Frances Black singing at poverty-related things around the dail

I haven't read the article, just your post.

Of course those people didn't have anything to say about austerity, their creative peaks were long behind them at that stage. The crash austerity didn't affect them. Apart from that guy in Westlife who bought 700 apartments in Sligo worth €8.50

It definitely tells a story about A: how ireland is pervieced and B: and how the Irish music media are failing.

I do like the JOM though, one of the best going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back