Miscellaneous Articles You Should Read (1 Viewer)

What is this guy talking about?

“Spiritualized embody latter day 90’s psychedelia combining elements found in bands like “Unkle” “Brian Jonestown Massacre” the better bits of “Oasis” “The Stone Temple Pilots” and some bits from maybe “Husker Du” and of course “Spaceman 3″.”

And why are all the bands in quotation marks?

Last edited:

What’s significant to me is the unstated premise of Read’s claim: that the wife of this CFO is a victim. Read is posing as her chivalrous defender: he only published this article to avenge the wrong done to her. There’s even the strangely sexist formulation to his vow: Gawker, he declares, will always “report on married [] executives of major media companies fucking around on their wives.” What about when the cheating executives are women and the spouse is a man? He doesn’t say. His self-proclaimed mission is to protect this little lady from the harm that has been inflicted on her. This is far and away the most common justification cited for sniffing around in the private, sexual lives of people: we’re just upset for the victim-spouse.

Nailed it for me there. I'm sure the wife is so happy to have been defended in such a manner.

this little excerpt sums it up very neatly
How does a person tell their own story when there are so many clamouring to tell it for them? Or, as Kim puts it on page 354, “How many pics does it take to get the perfect selfie?”

She seems nice. Everyone gives her a ton of shit.
Especially the type of people that seem to value 'being yourself' and pursuing your dream and all that.
It seems to me that she lives her life like a candle in the wind.

Whether she's nice or not nice I have no real opinion on her, I'm just not sure about the value of articles like that. It's made me think about it though, that's something.

Last edited:
20 Facts That Will Make You Rethink Everything Yo... | ClickHole

When you look at a grain of sand through a microscope, it looks like this:
480.jpg

She seems nice. Everyone gives her a ton of shit.
Especially the type of people that seem to value 'being yourself' and pursuing your dream and all that.

She knows something about the world that the millions of "she's famous for nothing" idiots never will. You have to admire that. I'm on the internet constantly and am still cant get to the bottom of the alchemy.

She's the Andy Warhol of her generation who figured something about our society before anyone else. And criticism like "she's just famous for a sex tape" or "famous for nothing" is just more Campbells Soup warmed op and dished out.

Compare her effortless fame to Beyoncé's hard work and graft, Taylor Swift's cunning, calculating and in-authentic "charm" or Katy Perry's dim fun time ladette persona.

She knows something about the world that the millions of "she's famous for nothing" idiots never will. You have to admire that. I'm on the internet constantly and am still cant get to the bottom of the alchemy.

She's the Andy Warhol of her generation who figured something about our society before anyone else. And criticism like "she's just famous for a sex tape" or "famous for nothing" is just more Campbells Soup warmed op and dished out.

Compare her effortless fame to Beyoncé's hard work and graft, Taylor Swift's cunning, calculating and in-authentic "charm" or Katy Perry's dim fun time ladette persona.

Well put!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back