Minor Pleasures (7 Viewers)

river

Ireland is the only country in which a goblin man with manicured crazy eyebrows and fake is routinely put on television.
He seems like a nice fellah but has the looks for radio
I tell you, when Marty does the intro to the All-Ireland hurling final on the radio, I'd run through a wall for Ireland

He has the Braveheart rally and the St Crispin's Day speech knocked into a cocked hat

For the last two months The Wire magazine has been placing adverts in When Saturday Comes (grassroots stongly left leaning football magazine, named after an Undertones song).
I never thought I would see Steve Earl's football programmes ad I've looking at since 1985 alongside The Necks (that was previous month). IMG_20230406_231822.jpg

For the last two months The Wire magazine has been placing adverts in When Saturday Comes (grassroots stongly left leaning football magazine, named after an Undertones song).
I never thought I would see Steve Earl's football programmes ad I've looking at since 1985 alongside The Necks (that was previous month).View attachment 16901
I keep meaning to get a WSC subscription
Never get around to it

Well, it didn't start out well, todays work.
If you can do an accurate Romanian accent this is funny, otherwise it's racist.
I rang the boss, no answer. He rang back "I just woke up".
I thought as much, how long?
You know the job, just talk with Sam and I'll be there soon
Yeah, I do, how long?
The crew is Dave and Bob and
Yeah, I know, how long will you be?
I'm coming I'm coming
Yeah I fucking know you are, How. Fucking. Long?
40 minute maximum.

One hour later I ring him again. "Oh shit, I just woke up again".

In that interceding hour, I twisted my knee, because Fucking New Guys who don't know how to lift shit and rich people do shit things in shit venues. It was horrible. I was literally down like a bag of spuds howling in pain. The young lads with me just didn't know what to do. There's me lying on the floor "Just fucking put the flight case on the deck!"
I'm gonna lie here for a minute, and then I'm gonna consume a lot of lucozade before I pass out.

After that, I had a lovely chat about playing bass with the FNG. The sun was shining. There were buskers playing as a bazouki and bass combo. He was very sorry for nearly crippling me, but the chat was nice. My knee is not so bad now, at the time it genuinely felt life changing. I was fuuuuuucked.

Anyway, he's Indian, and now he knows who Planxty are.

Oh also, triple time pay.

I twisted my knee, because Fucking New Guys who don't know how to lift shit and rich people do shit things in shit venues. It was horrible. I was literally down like a bag of spuds howling in pain. The young lads with me just didn't know what to do. There's me lying on the floor "Just fucking put the flight case on the deck!"
Sean C, my brother in Christ
What about that talk recently about moving up a gear and doing something less back (and knee) breaking?
We care for you, man.

Sean C, my brother in Christ
What about that talk recently about moving up a gear and doing something less back (and knee) breaking?
We care for you, man.
I do appreciate that. But usually this work is so easy because I'm so used to it, it barely feels like work. It's just a shrug of the shoulders and let's do it. And oddly the clients appreciate me being totes casual. Did something explode over there? OK Grand.

I am on my way out of that line of work. And you are the third person to ask me that question today.

But I am getting out. I still have bills to pay though.

Last edited:
I work at lifting semi-heavy shit around the place etc etc and my back is grand. The secret is to be too lazy to actually lift anything genuinely heavy. Anything with actual weight, either get other people to help lift it (a load of other people if necessary), or tell the ones wanting it moved to get fucked and come up with a new plan. Generally approach B will follow approach A.
In saying all that, my left knee has been acting up recently, but it's nothing to do with lifting, I think it's just a natural "been giving me little bits of shit for 2 decades, now it's time for you to have some weird small swelling and a bit of a harder time going up and down stairs"
I did actually twist my knee fairly badly about 11 years ago, but I did it by waking up and getting out of bed to turn my alarm off and not realising that my whole leg had actually gone dead from whatever way I'd been lying on it in bed.

The pushups themselves are (relatively) easy with practice

Like most things, it's the consistency that's difficult.
Doing something on Day One when it's all new, is easy enough.
Doing it on day Thirty Seven when you really really don't want to, that's the trick.

People think motivation drives consistency, but it's really the other way around. You will not always be motivated.

I also keep a spreadsheet and I have people in a Whatsapp group who back each other up. Trying to hit 75,000 for the year.

25 pushups take less time than it took to write this post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back