Minor Pleasures (2 Viewers)

Just dedicated an afternoon for the first time in a couple of decades to wandering around the national gallery. Forgot just how much stuff there is there. Some of the portraits in the portrait competition section are superb.

Also noteworthy how murky many of the paintings are. Do I remember that there is or was someone on thumped whose partner is an art restorer?
National museum today. it's gas how much smaller a space it is, compared to the gallery. joined a walking tour, not recommended; it's a whistle stop tour through a bunch of the more high profile exhibits and is mainly aimed at people with little or no knowledge of irish history but is so broad in scope it misses out loads.

Starting into planning my new* recording studio. Been months of not having a second for music and wee bit of daylight starting to show now. Already have a crappy 2 channel interface - gonna build around that for phase 1 and then when shortfalls present themselves i'll upgrade to a grown up one.

*I did a list of what i want to cover the stuff i want to mess with, I have most of it, just not the space setout to use it.

This is a fuzz pedal I built from a kit years ago. Does the fat 60s/70s fuzz sound very very well, but a bit of a one trick pony. At some point I added switchable clipping sections (ge diodes) which just gave me more fat fuzz. I clipped a single wire this morning which means the pedal now switches between ‘stock’ fuzz, and no clipping section -the latter which interestingly gives me a half decent 80/90s hard rock distortion

B96F565C-D8C3-4D43-909F-5B38BC872D76.jpeg

Starting into planning my new* recording studio. Been months of not having a second for music and wee bit of daylight starting to show now. Already have a crappy 2 channel interface - gonna build around that for phase 1 and then when shortfalls present themselves i'll upgrade to a grown up one.

*I did a list of what i want to cover the stuff i want to mess with, I have most of it, just not the space setout to use it.

I'll probably be looking to offload a multi input FireWire rack interface in a few months time when I get the new one working

I like listening to reviews of films I have no interest in seeing.
That's most new films basically.
If there's a book I want to read, I'll read a bunch of reviews and magazine coverage of it.
Then go on Youtube and watch the author give bookshop readings and interviews and Q&As etc
Then I don't feel I really need to read the book - that I've got most of what I would have already
Mostly because I am cheap and also lazy

This works best with non-fiction obviously

If there's a book I want to read, I'll read a bunch of reviews and magazine coverage of it.
Then go on Youtube and watch the author give bookshop readings and interviews and Q&As etc
Then I don't feel I really need to read the book - that I've got most of what I would have already
Mostly because I am cheap and also lazy

This works best with non-fiction obviously

Pure laziness

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back