Minor Pleasures (7 Viewers)

Fibre finally got installed so I was able to download all my offsite storage and consoldate it down to under 200gb so I could cancel one of my cloud accounts.

That's a 60c per week raise for @ann post

Think something is finally happening here too. NBI have been around this week cutting hedges and cleaning up trees that have grown into the space the phone wires are.

Think something is finally happening here too. NBI have been around this week cutting hedges and cleaning up trees that have grown into the space the phone wires are.

They came round here months ago an lobbed the top off a hawthorne tree so all fibre is cursed.
The engineer had to stall ours for a few weeks to wait for a crane to be available.
We are getting a solid 500 now though.

Went on a date with an absolute gem of a person. From his previous jobs and some other stuff mentioned I’m fairly sure he knows at least 2 thumped people I can think of. Not going to hold that against him.

Came back to the gaff, there was the cap'n boiling the kettle.

He's from Up North, I've asked you to do this before, but please do it again, the whimsy depends on it: do the accent.
Just making a cuppa.

I said "would you like some Irish tea?"
And just what is Irish tea exactly?
Like your normal tea but better.

I dug out my secret stash of Barry's from the cupboard, put a bag in his cup and let him make his tea as he wants. I'm not going to tell him how to make a cup of tea.

I said as the tea brewed, that does look like a good cuppa doesn't it? better than the PG Tips you were going to have,
"I'm going to take this cup of tea into my room and I'll decide if it's any good or not".

For my part, the cup of Irish tea I had was BANGING.

On a side note, I was working in a fancy hotel the other day, and there was free tea and coffee. There was bags of English breakfast tea and bags of Irish breakfast tea. Never seen that before. The Irish breakfast tea was shite. Turns out it was actually American tea. An American version of Irish tea. 100% Assam. Those poor yanks.

Tea.

I'll say this for the English
Yorkshire Tea is very very decent

I'm a stone cold barry's man myself
There’s a Yorkshire tea that tastes like a biscuit was dipped in it. I’ve been looking for it here for years.

There’s a Yorkshire tea that tastes like a biscuit was dipped in it. I’ve been looking for it here for years.
Fucking hell!
I'm horrified and impressed by this

yorkshire-tea.jpg

I'll say this for the English
Yorkshire Tea is very very decent

I'm a stone cold barry's man myself

Apparently it has to do with the water. As in the brand Yorkshire Tea Co. have blended their tea to suit the water in the Yorkshire area. Maybe that's marketing rubbish.

In another place where we blagged some tea and coffee (it took more effort to get that than the actual job), I made a cup, it looked rubbish, looked to the the sky and announced: "Has anyone at Tetley's ever actually *seen* a cup of tea?!"

Eyebrows were raised, knowing nods were subtle but were definitely there.

Went on a date with an absolute gem of a person. From his previous jobs and some other stuff mentioned I’m fairly sure he knows at least 2 thumped people I can think of. Not going to hold that against him.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I just changed the fuck out of that light bulb. So many lumens.

also, it was bright today and the tide was high, so I whipped open the curtains for the first time in months. By curtains, read old towels. Sunlight in the room, feels good.

It's cold now though, so I'd better put the curtaintowels back up.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
    The Sugar Club
    8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back