Minor Pleasures (8 Viewers)

Not sure if anyone likes chess, but the brutality of this mate made me giggle.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He got lucky getting that jammy fork on the queen with the clock running down. Well he did spot it which most people probably wouldn't in fairness

It was a mad game from the get go. You don't often see professionals or anyone really castle queen side on black!

there's no sport on telly that I want to watch until the weekend.
I was watching all women's football/cycling last week but it's over now. need a break as much as they do.

Woke up with a body that works, breathing clean air
Coffee to drink and overnight texts from friends
Went for an early run and then took a short sneaky nap in the park in the morning sunshine
A productive morning at work - more (free!!!) coffee
And the weekend just around the corner

How did we get to be so lucky?

Never seen a single episode of Mock the Week.

I didn't like it at all, and it should be right up my street.

I've long lost any enjoyment of Family Guy as well, but Mock The Week is basically this:

Dara was much better on that show he did on RTE, The Panel(?).

Came into work in running clothes

Changed into my jeans and realised I’d no belt

Jerry-rigged a tether from an old computer cable
I am very happy with my secret Wurzel/Steptoe solution here

1659702874943.png

Came into work in running clothes

Changed into my jeans and realised I’d no belt

Jerry-rigged a tether from an old computer cable
I am very happy with my secret Wurzel/Steptoe solution here

View attachment 16086

Bonus minor pleasure

I bought these jeans after losing a bunch of weight from running and swimming
Skinny reward jeans
Now they are way too big for me, and I will have to buy more (or steal more power cables from IT – weh)
Progress, I suppose

Bonus bonus minor pleasure
Even though I started all this lark to lose weight, I don’t particularly care about that anymore
I am in this unexpected mindset of not caring what my body looks like and only concerned about what it can do
It’s very freeing

Anyways blah blah blah
Happy Friday

Ain’t life fucking grand all the same tho?

Bonus bonus minor pleasure
Even though I started all this lark to lose weight, I don’t particularly care about that anymore
I am in this unexpected mindset of not caring what my body looks like and only concerned about what it can do
It’s very freeing

At some point on my trying to lose weight "journey" the exercise just became part of my lifestyle and my goal went from "lose the weight" to "have a straight back and be walking pain free and unaided in my 70s." Far easier to keep going with that kind of mindset then just the vanity shit.

At some point on my trying to lose weight "journey" the exercise just became part of my lifestyle and my goal went from "lose the weight" to "have a straight back and be walking pain free and unaided in my 70s." Far easier to keep going with that kind of mindset then just the vanity shit.
Honestly, man

And after a certain age, it's not like there's discos full of young wans ogling us or potential modeling contracts in our future
No one cares how big or heavy we look anymore; we're feckin' ol' lads.
They might never have given a shit all along anyways.

I went from 115kg to about 90kg (my goal)
I'm around 94/95 now
But mostly I just want a body that can run and bike and swim - and like you said pass that NCT in my 70s

Honestly, man

And after a certain age, it's not like there's discos full of young wans ogling us or potential modeling contracts in our future
No one cares how big or heavy we look anymore; we're feckin' ol' lads.
They might never have given a shit all along anyways.

I went from 115kg to about 90kg (my goal)
I'm around 94/95 now
But mostly I just want a body that can run and bike and swim - and like you said pass that NCT in my 70s

115? Sure you were only a small fella starting off from there.

I got down to about 82, realised that I was about to dip into 12 stone something which I never considered to be a feasible healthy weight for me and changed my routine and diet a bit. I've no clue what I'm at now, definitely heavier, but in better shape then I was at 82, all that extra protein.

I'm not wholly immune to the vanity stuff, I've ALWAYS been fat (in my eyes) and the thing that always bothered me most is nearly gone, but that's not the goal, it's just a happy hopefully inevitable side effect of the regular exercising.

Since we're all being positive these days (which disgusts me btw since being positive is as fatalistic and pointless as being negative) I'll admit I had a good day today:

I got up, drove the girlfriend to work, came back and watered the plants and took care of some things in the polytunnel, then i went and did the last run of a couch to 5k thing (again! But it'd been 2 years and I'd forgotten how to run), then i made some granola for the next few days, then I wrote three pages of this nonsense that I'm writing at the moment and then I went and had a pint and read a decent essay. If every day went like this sure life'd be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back