Minor Pleasures (8 Viewers)

Toughish day yesterday
I make it a daily practice to try and bring kindness and goodness to my personal relationships. To try at l;east.
But a couple of interactions with people I care about yesterday were really off, like on completely different wavelengths.
You have to ask yourself what you’re doing, and why, and how.
And sometimes people just don’t want your input at all. They are on their own schedule. Like feck off.
You’re not as great as you think your practices and ethoses (ethii?) make you, you’re pulling a con on yourself.
That’s why it’s a daily practice though, so you can reflect and adjust. Twiddle the nobs.

Buuutttt, then I got this lovely message out of the goddamn blue from an ex.
And she’s singing my praises telling me what a fecking champ I am.
Admittedly, a lot of this was based in how I’m a classic example of my star sign; my virtues as such, seem to be from the stars, but I’ll take what I can fecking get.
I didn’t need the text, I had it figured. But it was very nice to get.

Minor pleasure(s) for today (yesterday) is thinking things through, and nice texts.

Goddamn, life is good.

I've got a date!

With a plumber!

Cleaning my boiler room like I used to do my hair on a Saturday night.
Hoping he's impressed :)
And we'll hook up... to gas.

I do not hate being old. You still have the same excitement, just for different shit

I work in a shed at the back of the house. Now that I've got myself a Nest hub I can see who is at the front door. It's like the Starship Enterprise or something

Attachments

• camera.jpg
    camera.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 12
Bought an extension cable for my headphones so now sat at my work desk listening to cds on the hifi instead of Spotify on my phone. It sounds glorious and I'm not going to try to do a blind comparison in case it turns out I can't tell the difference.

after 8 modern wimpy songs I never heard of (in various genres) in these name that tune things, I indentified today's metal one on my first guess.
DEATH TO FALSE METAL!
Pete and a lot of thumped folks will get this immediately.

after 8 modern wimpy songs I never heard of (in various genres) in these name that tune things, I indentified today's metal one on my first guess.
DEATH TO FALSE METAL!
Yep

DEATH TO FALSE METAL!
Took me three attempts. Had the right band but the wrong songs.

It pleases me to learn that people who drive cars with those flappy headlights do this. Of course they do.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back