Minor Pleasures (10 Viewers)

I can’t play barre chords at all.

When i was guitar teaching the ting that got people into barre's most effectively was

concentrate on the fingers that are not the barre first, get those to nail down
once they are doing it, with panache, add the barre

the reason this works is

starting with the barre you are pinching with thumb and one finger, one muscle does all the work.

starting with the other guys you spread the load across the hand before the barre is made.

some people do it instinctively, i didn't myself.

I found a cool way to play the A chord on the guitar that I didn't know before

A bit of a stretch without a capo
View attachment 15424
I think this is the chord JDB plays in the Revol video that confused me no end when I was learning guitar as a teenager. I reckon it's just a showing off way of pretending the song isn't basic power chords

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

(About 28 seconds in)

It's mostly just the Open G shape moved up two frets, right?

What a terrible song! I don't think that's the chord he played, but I'm not sure, it was too quick for me. Yeah, I guess it's a form of g7 up two frets except with the high e left open.

I think this is the chord JDB plays in the Revol video that confused me no end when I was learning guitar as a teenager. I reckon it's just a showing off way of pretending the song isn't basic power chords

from what i remember from learning stuff around that time, he just loved chords that would put you in physio.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

(About 28 seconds in)

It's mostly just the Open G shape moved up two frets, right?

Looks to be C shaped chord moved up to 5th fret / D

I have been, though I don't think I've gotten fuel there yet
That's the only petrol station I've used, that I can think of, that had an enthusiastic petrol pump attendant. He was so proud to have filled it to precisely the amount I asked for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back