Minor Pleasures (4 Viewers)

A learner driver was doing some parallel parking near the house. So I stopped and let them do it. From the other direction, there was another dude who also stopped and waited. Give her a minute, she's only learning, and it's too hot to rush around.

The learner was struggling a bit, so me and my opposite man both, with the exact same motion and at the exact same moment moved, crossing each other halfway and gave each other a knowing smile.

Haha I used to live in a cul-de-sac near Croke Park, so on Sundays all the GAA heads would fill up the whole street with cars. One Sunday I went out to the shop maybe an hour before matches, and this woman had driven down to the end looking for a parking space, but the whole street was jammed on both sides. So rather than reverse out again, she started to turn the car around at the end of the street.
I went to the shop, and came back 10 minutes later, and she'd managed to get stuck sideways on the road and was starting to have a meltdown, hahaha. One of our neighbours came out and took over, and had it turned round in about 30 seconds, hahahaha.

my uncle once moved a car for a woman in a multistorey car park who'd gotten herself in a similar pickle. however, she'd wet herself - and the car seat - with all the stress but somehow failed to mention this to my uncle, who had to drive straight home sitting on a towel.

Not quite the same, there was no "uhhhh, learn to drive ffs woman" going on. The opposite, if anything.

I just like that I found a mirror image of me, who behaved precisely the same way as me. It might have something to do with that learning a trade tangent from that other thread. Nothing needed to be said, me and my opposite number just knew what to do and did it.

I went swimming in the Boyne at Slane yesterday evening with one of the kids. It'd never even occurred to me to swim there before (despite having lived close by since 2005), have always been a bit terrified of swimming in a river, but there were a few others swimming so ... anyway - we didn't drown, and it was absolutely lovely.

Haha I used to live in a cul-de-sac near Croke Park, so on Sundays all the GAA heads would fill up the whole street with cars. One Sunday I went out to the shop maybe an hour before matches, and this woman had driven down to the end looking for a parking space, but the whole street was jammed on both sides. So rather than reverse out again, she started to turn the car around at the end of the street.
I went to the shop, and came back 10 minutes later, and she'd managed to get stuck sideways on the road and was starting to have a meltdown, hahaha. One of our neighbours came out and took over, and had it turned round in about 30 seconds, hahahaha.
Yesterday, an old guy pulled up at the door of this stupidly narrow forecourt, effectively blocking anyone parked at the pumps in.

When he came out he gestured at my girlfriend to back up to allow him to leave. He could have reversed out, but no.

My girlfriend realised a van had since pulled in behind her. In fact, the old guy had caused a whole slew of cars to back up. Realizing she had nowhere to go she just shrugged at the old guy.

He then had to try and maneuver himself out and ended up backing into some gas canisters.

He rolled down the window to angrily tell her that she was "very rude".

The only response she had was to tell him to fuck off.

There were no winners in that situtaion.

Apart from my girlfriend.

I went swimming in the Boyne at Slane yesterday evening with one of the kids. It'd never even occurred to me to swim there before (despite having lived close by since 2005), have always been a bit terrified of swimming in a river, but there were a few others swimming so ... anyway - we didn't drown, and it was absolutely lovely.
Ya wanna be careful there alright though, strong oul river at that spot

Ya wanna be careful there alright though, strong oul river at that spot
I was being careful for sure, though my 12 year old was taking the piss out of me - "so is this what being careful is? swim out a little bit, check if you're dead, if not then swim out a little bit more"

In fairness that was exactly my approach

My boyfriends 80 year old aunt is insisting on cooking 8-10 different dishes for me to try each day. They’re all the recipes her mother and grandmother gave her.
There hasn’t been a bad one yet, and I’m willing to buy bigger clothes if I have to.
I think I’ve genuinely eaten a kilo in mozzarella since Friday.

My boyfriends 80 year old aunt is insisting on cooking 8-10 different dishes for me to try each day. They’re all the recipes her mother and grandmother gave her.
There hasn’t been a bad one yet, and I’m willing to buy bigger clothes if I have to.
I truly am tremendously jealous of this. I used to go to Italy quite regularly, but that stopped. I miss it a lot.

I've been getting into scratchcards lately. It's a bit worrying. My parents taught me that scratch cards are a great gift to get someone when you have no idea what to get someone as a gift. Some people are horrified by this notion, but some friends have loved receiving them as gifts.

Now I'm doing it just for me. BUT, I spent 4 quid, won four quid. Spent that on more, won four quid again. Coming out even in gambling is actually a win.

I did some work today with my old employer. 10 crew. It's hilarious working with this lot. So much bants, and the work is actually ridiculous. I even bumped into a dude I worked with in Sochi back in 2014. It's like I never left.

Reporting this post as inappropriate, it surely belongs in the major pleasures thread?

Took the dog for a walk at lunch, before I went I called the farmer to let him know that a cow he was keeping in the field behind the house was in labour. Got back from the walk a little under an hour later and there's a new animal in the field.

I like living out here.
the cow would have been artificially inseminated

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back