Minor Pleasures (5 Viewers)

Yesterday I did a short shift at work, spent the day bitching about father Joe rogan and working on music. Said music was accepted for the thing, then I went to bed at 7, woke about 11 and watched some awful kurt russell picture and then slept till 8am. All in great day.

Slowly and steadily "unwatching" all the threads I've somehow been watching on Thumped. I'll still read them, but I think I had a psychological need to see a bunch of notifications every time I looked at this site. And that's pathetic, so I'm sorting it out.

Slowly and steadily "unwatching" all the threads I've somehow been watching on Thumped. I'll still read them, but I think I had a psychological need to see a bunch of notifications every time I looked at this site. And that's pathetic, so I'm sorting it out.
how very dare you

have another notification

I got an email today to say I’d officially gotten a promotion and that I was staying put in the section I’m in already (it’s civil service so could have been sent to work anywhere in the county).
The job is interesting and the people have been brilliant so far, so I’m pretty chuffed.
Also hives and I bought a LOT of cake to celebrate.

I'm watching the A team episode with Rick James in it.....Isaacs Hayes as well.

isaac-hayes-and-rick-james-on-the-set-of-the-a-team.jpg

Last edited:
I remember that one - Issac was in jail and Rick came to play for the inmates and w/ the A-Team's help get Issac out.
the prison governor wanted to steal some of Issac's music (forget what Issac was called in it, Rick played himself)
Rick does a tune at the start and Issac plays at the end after he's freed.
the also play (together ?) in the prison yard with Murdock stealing the show miming the 'keyboard'.
I think one of the songs was Superfreak.
classic stuff.

That's the one. The comedy channel has been showing all the episodes (98). I record them while I'm at work. I don't think I've seen it since I was 11. I knew it was formulaic, but it is incredibly formulaic. I enjoy them for what they are. Pure nostalgia.

Soulful strut being used on some TV ad lately. Aural Prozac.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back