Minor Pleasures (14 Viewers)

That's the other thing, a lot of his guests would bore the living shite out of ya. I did see one where he had this fuckin hippy fool on it though who kept going on about Tara and Norway and all this shite, and it was quite funny just because of how much shite yer man was obviously into. TT just treated him seriously the whole time.
haha, who was that? I thought I was on top of most of them.

I think we're at needless loggerheads here because the very things that irritate you, endear me to the show. Yeah, it's hit and miss. Boredom is good for you, but at the same time, time is precious - you could take a shower in the length of time allocated to each interview. I think the producers are trying to go for those awkward, trainwreck moments either because it's entertaining to see TT squirm a bit, or they are deliberately constructing this candid atmosphere warts and all. Probably.

I just naively assumed the whole thing was live!

However, after reading this below, I wish there was more of this. He's too sound. Although soundness, feigned or not, is one of those endearing qualities he has. So, continue to be sound and intense, but also put the odd boot in when needs be.

Laurita in one of them starts giving out about Tori Amos lyrics and went on to pour scorn on poetry and "fine wines" and doing the whole notions thing, and Tommy goes "I can't sit here and let you get away with talking this shite", and then proceeds to slag her off for being an ignorant culshie

I don’t have proper stairs or a ladder up to my attic so I use a stepladder and gently lower myself back down onto the top rung as it’s quite low. It’s really cold up there today and when I lowered myself back down, the heat of the house and the slight bounce onto the safety of the ladder was soundtracked by Brian Eno’s Apollo album - it all just came together to make a truly beautiful little moment.

Speaking of Rudimentary Peni

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

there's a certain sweet schadenfreude when someone emails your manager and CCs you, escalating the fact that you've not done your job, but when it's actually *their* job to do it, and they find themselves in an email exchange between your manager and their manager.

there's a certain sweet schadenfreude when someone emails your manager and CCs you, escalating the fact that you've not done your job, but when it's actually *their* job to do it, and they find themselves in an email exchange between your manager and their manager.
well, that escalated quickly. it went to my manager's manager, and someone very senior on the other guy's team. she's only new in the job though, so hasn't quite spotted yet that the mail trail shows big gaps in their processes.

Came home from work, showered, changed. The only greenish t-shirt I have (for the day that's in it) is a black t-shirt with a green print of a scuzzy drag queen on a bike with a bunch of dildo's in her bike basket, and a ghettoblaster, and she's waving another dildo about in her hand.

But it was coloured in green, so the father in law approved. Everything about the t-shirt goes against his faith in music more than his personal faith (though it also kinda goes against that, but he's cool with it)

It's good having cool intelligent in-laws.

Last edited:
finally convinced my TV remote to work with the new VirginMedia360 set top box (it's not a Virgin Media box like the tv 'helpfully' suggests - it's an Arris box)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back