Minor Pleasures (13 Viewers)

What's the difference between the "Classic Caramel Bliss" and the normal McVities chocolate caramel? Is it just new packaging? It is one of my favouritest types of biscuit.

Also, orange and chocolate is an evil flavour. I contend it only exists for people like the brits pretend to like to prove to themselves that colonialism was worth it.

I bought one of those Wifi Powerline Extender Kits and to my surprise it seems to work very well. No more having to bring the router with me to the office/shed every morning and having to switch the TV between router and/or adapter all the time.

It's possibly the 1st time I've bought a bit of technology that simply worked first time.

A friend lost her dog a month ago. After weeks of flyering and "lost dog" posters everywhere, they got a tip, and long story short they got the dog back. Pretty awesome, I had lost all hope of finding the dog after so long.

Also, it's the second stolen dog we've re-found this month.

Pricks are pricks, but most people aren't pricks.

I bought one a couple of weeks ago, a slightly extravagant CD/Radio/Streaming thing. I bought the parents a nice radio a couple of years ago with internet radio and bluetooth and spotify etc built in and I have been jealous since handing it over. Now when I wake up I turn on the actual radio instead of the radio app on my phone :love:

I have to use an app on my phone to turn on the new radio but still.

This is an analogue yoke I got on ebay, it has short wave and stuff, I intend to tune into Lord Haw Haw and the latest sounds from Radio Luxembourg. The joke will be on me when RTE turns off analogue radio in about 3 weeks.

DAB radio's are great. It's amazing really that they took so long to catch on. We had two in the old flat, now we only have one and currently no reliable internet. It's driving me mad, I literally carry it around the house. I want one in every room, each tuned to a different station.

Are people still broadcasting on shortwave? Yeah, DAB radio is cool but the coverage in Ireland is pretty poor and the RTE are the only ones using it AFAIK. I have listened to Pat Kenny on the FM a couple of times with this new one, so I've already got my money's worth. The internet radio app in the radio doesn't seem to have the same selection of stations as the app on my phone which is a bit annoying. And it has spotify but not youtube music which is the one I use.

DAB radio's are great. It's amazing really that they took so long to catch on. We had two in the old flat, now we only have one and currently no reliable internet. It's driving me mad, I literally carry it around the house. I want one in every room, each tuned to a different station.
I bought one of these 10 years ago (still going) and at the time people were saying it was a waste as you could just run radio apps off your laptop. But what do people know.

Are people still broadcasting on shortwave?
Haven't the faintest, it's a 5-band thing so it has Long-wave, Medium-wave, two types of Shortwave and FM. I suppose AM falls under Medium-wave? I don't think i've had a radio like this since I was in single-digits and mucking about with the family radio.

Finally getting the hang of this technology. I just asked my Google speaker in my shed to turn the heat on in the house and it did. It's like the Starship Enterprise in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back