Minor Pleasures (5 Viewers)

Got the ears cleaned out yesterday. Minor pleasure - being able to hear perfectly again after not realising how clogged they were getting. Reason not a major pleasure = minor complaint - having to wait another two weeks to get the right ear cleaned out because the wax is so stacked that I need to use ear spray to loosen it up first

This really is one of my favourite medical procedures. It's like getting new ears.

Is your profile picture a cartoon of your audiologist, showing you the contents of your ear?

In all seriousness, ear cleaning is highly underrated. I was just about to drop £80/ear before Plague Times on getting it done. It seems to have sorted itself out now, but I was basically deaf in one ear for a year. Nearly got run over crossing the street more than once.

My left ear was blocked as fuck for the last 3 or 4 months, was getting very little volume there, but I could still hear cause the brain just adjusts naturally. Just it does fuck up volume which is bad.
When I went to get them cleaned I thought the dude might have trouble clearing the left ear, but no, it cleared out fine and the right ear didn't, so now I have perfect hearing in the left ear but the right ear is comparatively blocked as fuck. Be amazing when that gets done in a couple of weeks. There is maybe a slight upside to getting them done one at a time, if I get them both cleared at once then the new hearing is fucking mentally good so that it's distracting. Even now with one clear ear I'm hearing shit from everywhere.

I used to work with a guy. He was always so abrasive. Every time you'd ask him something he'd shout it back at you in a raspy aggressive way. "You want me to do fahcking what?!" etc.

Then one day, he was all of a sudden really soft spoken, calm and considered.
So we asked him about it, and sure enough, he'd had he's ears cleaned. All that time we thought he was an ignorant aggressive prick, he actually just couldn't hear anyone. And he continued to be sound forevermore.

I'm watching a program hosted by Ed Balls & I start to wonder if there's a Richard Balls out there....

Richard Balls (@RichardBalls) on Twitter

Not sure whether to like or hate that program. Ed Balls is a bit of a cunt, but doesn't seem like the worst cunt. But every now and then he comes out with some cosseted English nonsense.

Similarity with Michael Portillo in that both were Tory boy cabinet ministers and now they're making TV shows. Hated Portillo as a politician, but he's actually a really good tv presenter and his railway shows are great.

Similarity with Michael Portillo in that both were Tory boy cabinet ministers and now they're making TV shows. Hated Portillo as a politician, but he's actually a really good tv presenter and his railway shows are great.

Fuck that guy. He said the 'the Irish Problem' on tv last week. Anyone who says that is a prick.

Eh but was he not saying it in referring to the Brit language on Ireland when they were in charge? Like he's doing a program about the English attitude toward Ireland during the war of independence, how could you do a history like that and not at some point have to mention how the Brit politicians called it 'the Irish problem' at the time?

Eh but was he not saying it in referring to the Brit language on Ireland when they were in charge? Like he's doing a program about the English attitude toward Ireland during the war of independence, how could you do a history like that and not at some point have to mention how the Brit politicians called it 'the Irish problem' at the time?
He could well be, but as far as i recall he made no attempt to finger quotes it.

anywhoo

What is thumped going to do with the @Cormcolash problem?

Got the right ear cleared out the other day, should have seen the big mass of dead skin that came out of it, haha.
Now I can't do anything quietly. Open the door, fuck is the handle always that loud? Flush the toilet, fuck can everybody hear this 5 rooms away? Fuckin walk about, fuck do my clothes always sound like that?

People are showing up every day now to take photos of themselves outside the pub.
I’m making sure to smush my face up against the window every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back