Minor Pleasures (10 Viewers)

Is it only a murmuration if the birds are starlings? Anyway, I saw a murmuration of some kind of seabirds this morning at Clontarf, it was cool. They all came towards me and I thought I was going to get badly shat on but they all kinda came straight down and landed at the edge of the water just a few feet away. It was impressive, in an instant they had all landed in their own place with no crashes. Then a child ran up to the edge and they took off again, swooping around in formation and murmurationing all over the place.

I love a good murmuration. The starlings went mental in Castlepollard last year. It's starts off slow, and then...woah.

They did this on a daily basis over the course of a few days. And I was lucky enough not to get shat on too much.

I saw the biggest murmuration,I'm gonna say, in the world,last year in Rome. Every evening over the river...not less than a million birds I'd say, Mesmerising. A mesmerising murmuration.

The local businesses had big airhorns going to stop them shiteing on them

There used to be a great one in the field behind my gaf in laois. Its a thing of wonder

Ooh look! There was 5 million!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think I might be able to train the crows here to piss off down the road and not wake me up at 5 every morning.
I’m very excited about the prospect of some day having a full 8 hours sleep.

Is it only a murmuration if the birds are starlings? Anyway, I saw a murmuration of some kind of seabirds this morning at Clontarf, it was cool. They all came towards me and I thought I was going to get badly shat on but they all kinda came straight down and landed at the edge of the water just a few feet away. It was impressive, in an instant they had all landed in their own place with no crashes. Then a child ran up to the edge and they took off again, swooping around in formation and murmurationing all over the place.

There's a crowd of starlings hanging around the seafront in Clontarf, probably live in those big bush-tree things or something, I saw them there last week too and they were swooping about in formation

Looks good. And yeah, you can't have too much reinforcement for books.

I want to do something similar for the fridge, kinda

Put it on a dolly of my own making essentially and raise it up.
Add storage space below and enough space for the robovac to get in there on the regular.

We'll see.

I did some maths mid week and it turned out that loaded the bookshelf could be in the region of 400-500kg which is, more than I kinda had expected. Built in more reinforcement this morning and now have ten wheels on it instead of 6. It moves properly now. Coulda gone for 3-4 more of these (they are rated for 40kg but I can't exactly pop into DIY store to buy them.

IMG_20200411_115854.jpg

I did some maths mid week and it turned out that loaded the bookshelf could be in the region of 400-500kg which is, more than I kinda had expected. Built in more reinforcement this morning and now have ten wheels on it instead of 6. It moves properly now. Coulda gone for 3-4 more of these (they are rated for 40kg but I can't exactly pop into DIY store to buy them.

View attachment 13810
That looks great. Nice mortises.

And the weight will keep it level on those wheels

How are you cross bracing it?
Putting a panel on the back?

That looks great. Nice mortises.

And the weight will keep it level on those wheels

How are you cross bracing it?
Putting a panel on the back?

Yeah I put panels across the bottom two shelves and intermmittent ones going up trying not to go too close to 500kg - it faces both ways - Don't know what the furniture is for that. It has to be painted at some point but there is no paint shop anymore so whevener I do that teardown I'll review it again, and then probably build a second one.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

partyhardpartyhardpartyhardpartyhardpartyhardpartyhard

Choosing to look at this as a positive instead of a head wrecking negative, but we've cancelled our wedding which was planned for late June, and so far everyone is being sound and returning our deposits. It was a tiny wedding anyway, but it all adds up.

My positive is we've decided, with all of this going on, that our priority is getting a house this year instead. Nothing like a pandemic to keep you in doors and bring your desire to have your own non-rental space with some square of green to grow some veggies to the forefront of your mind. So yeah, wedding money will go to that, and we'll get hitched solo or with parents/witnesses present if its possible at the end of July.

This could have been posted in the complaints thread, but LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT :,D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back