Minor Pleasures (9 Viewers)

I read a post where someone said they saw John (Cougar) Mellencamp at a gig in the 90s where in the middle of Jack and Diane he did an earnest, and awful white guy rap bit. I'm still cringing at the thought and I wasn't even there.

To think I liked JCM and have a few of his albums. He had a 4 or 5 album stretch that were very good. The last one I liked was called Mr. Happy Go Lucky and had him dabbling in beats, just enough to work. That was probably mid 90s. I'd imagine seeing him live during that period was painful because he is an insufferable prick live. I saw him in Dublin and it was awful. He had a doco on Netflix a while back (seems to be gone now) that is the worst music TV I've ever seen. It is essentially a live gig (which is crap), with the audio turned down to allow him to do a commentary all over it. Chock full of "kids these days" nonsense. It really is quite a document.

I read a post where someone said they saw John (Cougar) Mellencamp at a gig in the 90s where in the middle of Jack and Diane he did an earnest, and awful white guy rap bit. I'm still cringing at the thought and I wasn't even there.
I remember seeing Ash in 1998 or so and they had a guy on decks for most of the gig, remixing Kung Fu on the fly. It was kind of cool tbh, even if it ABSOLUTELY did not work.

The luxury market is a great market to be in right now.

Pete should start advertising that thumped subscriptions are 2 grand a year and that there is a 200 person waiting list to be a new member, be rich before he knows it.

I want to start supplementing my (modest) income by writing romance novels under a pseudonym. You'll never know if I do it though.

I want to start supplementing my (modest) income by writing romance novels under a pseudonym. You'll never know if I do it though.
None of us will know

But scutter might.
Can't he see inside your soul or something?

Or he's like an enemy in a movie that would say something to you like "We are not so different, you and I"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back