Minor Pleasures (11 Viewers)

Have these people more money than sense?
where in your house do you display your games?

34268652_10156356405490135_417954043646705664_o.jpg

I’m a subscriber to their supporters project (crowdfunding thing) and they use a card system like Brian Eno’s Oblique Strategies to come up with ways of producing new songs. Blixa drew the card “Anrufe” (calls) and interpreted that as calling a bunch of supporters for words and phrases. We also had a nice discussion about the Bertolt Brecht thing he did here in Dublin last month.

Show Blixa Bargeld this thread

Just back from solicitor (he's in is mid 50s I'd guess), who I haven't seen in about 5 years because everything is by post/email.

Him: I wondered how long it would take. You lasted longer than I could have imagined.
Me: (Laugh) Yeah.
Him: Did you ever write that book?
Me: As if I ever had the time, it's more work than I ever dreamed.
Him: (Laughing) The hardest putting up with listening to bullshit every night.
Me: You have no idea.

Conducted business

Me: Thanks for everything. Hey did I see you at the Wedding Present? ( I knew I had and he was giving it all, throwing shapes front of stage)
Him: (looking embarrassed) Yeah, Probably. I just got to see Half Man Half Biscuit too... amazing. Oh and I looked into that band you were off to see last time.... The Replacements. Amazing, I don't know how they escaped me.

I'm not sure why it gave me so much pleasure but I left with a smile on my face. At least I picked the best possible solicitor (for me) down here.

Ah, yes. She took a full time day job about two years ago now. She still lives in the apartment next door and is the only thing keeping me sane.

The bar sounds like a headache and all that but its a genuinely nice location if you could just make someone else do the work and pay you for it.

You should have a big going away/closing down bash (whenever it happens) featuring any remaining Thumped bands

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back