Minor Pleasures (4 Viewers)

The stainless steel filter for my aeropress arrived today. All the way from China. I was curious to try one of these. So I went looking online and couldn't believe the ridiculous prices for a small steel disc with tiny perforated holes in it. Once you pay post & the exchange rate it was between €9- €11.I tried a local coffee shop to see it they had them, sure... €15 for one. €15 !!!!! .No thanks I said. So I took a punt on ordering one from China via eBay.. With free post it came to €1.20. Wasn't expecting to get here, but it's only €1.20.

Anyway, the bottom line is, I'm fucking sick of price gouging.

image_big_112926982.jpg

The stainless steel filter for my aeropress arrived today. All the way from China. I was curious to try one of these. So I went looking online and couldn't believe the ridiculous prices for a small steel disc with tiny perforated holes in it. Once you pay post & the exchange rate it was between €9- €11.I tried a local coffee shop to see it they had them, sure... €15 for one. €15 !!!!! .No thanks I said. So I took a punt on ordering one from China via eBay.. With free post it came to €1.20. Wasn't expecting to get here, but it's only €1.20.

Anyway, the bottom line is, I'm fucking sick of price gouging.

image_big_112926982.jpg

It’s worrying when prices feel ‘too cheap’.
Have you heard of a thing called ......’carbon footprint’........ ? 🤐

<I bought five metal ones from Lativa
Via eBay>

It’s worrying when prices feel ‘too cheap’.
Have you heard of a thing called ......’carbon footprint’........ ? 🤐

<I bought five metal ones from Lativa
Via eBay>

I know, in fairness it's the first time I've ever knowingly ordered something from China.
Charging €15 for something like that is disgraceful. The ripping off that goes on really annoys me.
Vinyl is a perfect example. Probably why I've only bought 2 LPs so far this year.

I know, in fairness it's the first time I've ever knowingly ordered something from China.
Charging €15 for something like that is disgraceful. The ripping off that goes on really annoys me.
Vinyl is a perfect example. Probably why I've only bought 2 LPs so far this year.

Vinyls aren't a perfect example. Those coffee yokes are mass produced by robots or children or robochildren and have a huge profit margin considering the scale of production. Like they essentially cost 2-3c to make.

Vinylses are typically a short run product made for a small market of nerds, they arent making 18 million of them, they aren't shipping a crate of them a week and they arent a part for a pre-created market.

good morning.

Vinyls aren't a perfect example. Those coffee yokes are mass produced by robots or children or robochildren and have a huge profit margin considering the scale of production. Like they essentially cost 2-3c to make.

Vinylses are typically a short run product made for a small market of nerds, they arent making 18 million of them, they aren't shipping a crate of them a week and they arent a part for a pre-created market.

good morning.

Okay, not a good example, I'm just sick of over inflated prices. I suppose its par for the course if you get into certain hobbies.

Got two Lizzo tix in the presale, and somehow managed to get another two this morning. Like... I have no idea how I did it, because no one else I know got anything at all. I FEEL BAD IN A WAY....

IN...

A
WAY....

Users who are viewing this thread

• S
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back