Minor Pleasures (9 Viewers)

I went to my 30-year-school-leaving-reunion last weekend. Was pretty apprehensive about it, hadn't been in the place since 1989 and had had my fair share of scrapes. Turned out to be really nice, and me and my former antagonists have grown up enough to be cool with one another now

I went to my 30-year-school-leaving-reunion last weekend. Was pretty apprehensive about it, hadn't been in the place since 1989 and had had my fair share of scrapes. Turned out to be really nice, and me and my former antagonists have grown up enough to be cool with one another now

My 20th was last year, you couldn't have dragged me to it with a pack of horses.

I originally dismissed the idea, but Mrs. egg_ convinced me to get in touch with my little gang from my leaving cert year (only 1 of whom I was still in (very irregular) touch with) and use the reunion to meet up in Wexford for a few pints without actually going to the thing itself ... and then 2 of the lads said "sure we may as well go". I'm glad I did.

One of the teachers that was there in our day made a little speech at the start, and said that he wanted to acknowledge the fact that some people present might have had bad times at the school (see Donal Collins - Wikipedia for context), and that help is available for anyone who needs it. I thought that was nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back