Minor Pleasures (10 Viewers)

Found a 50 euro note in my shoe. I find a lot of money in my shoes, to be honest, and I still haven't figured out how money keeps ending up in there.

Re. cards, I got revolut for a recent trip abroad and it worked out great. You put money on in advance, so not a credit card, but then you can pay in the local currency without any conversion or transaction fees. They charge a fiver to post it to you in the first place but it's all free after that. It was very convenient.

techcrunch said:
embattled CFO Peter O’Higgins has resigned and left the business.

The startup and O’Higgins have been under pressure after a Daily Telegraph report revealed that Revolut switched off an anti-money laundering system that flags suspect transactions because it was prone to throwing out false positives. However, Revolut has denied the claims of the report — see below for more.

According to the Telegraph, the system was inactive between July-September 2018, which potentially allowed illegal transactions to pass across the banking platform. Revolut did not contact the Financial Conduct Authority to inform the regulator of the lapse

I still have mine but I'm gonna get shot of it soon enough. The budgeting and money locker stuff in the app is great but the one time it fucked up on me the customer service were all like 'yeh whateves' for at least 12 hours.

An American podcast i listen to was interviewing one of the guys who wrote for the Simpsons back when it was good and they ended up having a brief discussion about the Ireland Simpsons Fans group. Felt a moment of pride for the endless shitposting in there. But also confusion that the specificity of that would appeal to anyone outside of this island.

I still have mine but I'm gonna get shot of it soon enough. The budgeting and money locker stuff in the app is great but the one time it fucked up on me the customer service were all like 'yeh whateves' for at least 12 hours.
Oh dear. Well there seem to be similar alternatives available, so I hereby switch my allegiance from revolut specifically to 'not paying fees with a handy, instant app-based something or other' generally.

My laptop has been dying for months and months, broken hinges, missing keys, the keys that were there stopped working. It's made life on Thumped very trying. But I loved it, it's a 17" monster and the price of a similar sized replacement just made me balk, especially as this one has always done exactly what I need.

Spotted a second hand one on ebay for a hundred quid last week, thought feck it and took a punt. Arrived today and despite it's age, it's spotless, still had stickers on the track pad, etc. Must have never been used. Feckin' delighted with myself.

AND Windows just let me swap the hard drive from the old laptop into this with no need for a reinstall, it just worked! LUV U WINDOWS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back