Minor Pleasures (8 Viewers)

Pio McCann referred to Merle haggard as Merle Taggart the other day
Pio McCann! :)

I stayed in a B&B about ten years ago where the owner had some connection with Ritz Records. She had a load of gold and platinum records on the walls. I had no idea Country & Irish was so big until then. Immediately after that I got the idea of attempting to audition for Michael English's band. He's from the same village as me, and I was playing drums a lot around that time, so I felt confident. My nerve faltered when I saw the calibre of musicians he had on his albums - Noel Eccles on drums etc. It's quite the subculture, and there's huge money spent on the music. Louis Walsh managed Michael English for a couple of years.

There's an artist doing a film project on the Country & Irish scene, more or less a documentary, which is being made at the moment I think...about time.

@GO I always thought a good way to get in to this stuff was to enter a few song competitions. What's your stage name? I had a whole cabaret band thing mapped out (just for the crack) with my brother. My stage name was Sunny Large. We may end up recording a few songs sometime, I still think it's hilarious.

Last edited:
Pio McCann! :)

I stayed in a B&B about ten years ago where the owner had some connection with Ritz Records. She had a load of gold and platinum records on the walls. I had no idea Country & Irish was so big until then. Immediately after that I got the idea of attempting to audition for Michael English's band. He's from the same village as me, and I was playing drums a lot around that time, so I felt confident. My nerve faltered when I saw the calibre of musicians he had on his albums - Noel Eccles on drums etc. It's quite the subculture, and there's huge money spent on the music. Louis Walsh managed Michael English for a couple of years.

There's an artist doing a film project on the Country & Irish scene, more or less a documentary, which is being made at the moment I think...about time.

@GO I always thought a good way to get in to this stuff was to enter a few song competitions. What's your stage name? I had a whole cabaret band thing mapped out (just for the crack) with my brother. My stage name was Sunny Large. We may end up recording a few songs sometime, I still think it's hilarious.

Sunny Large!!!

BRAVO!

My C&I handle is Shishane Bernard
Part of my shtick is that I'm a metric cowboy..I wear a 38 litre hat and I'm always like..so many kilometers from home etc

Howdy y'all here's a song by good ole boy Merle Travis...

The 4.08233 kg hammer
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Country and Irish music is so terrible but it's a minor pleasure. I was in Donegal at the weekend and tuned into Highland. Some laugh out loud moments. I can't get this stinker out of my head

i like the bit where he goes 'tickety boo-ooooooo'

Went to the Arnotts warehouse clearance hell thing in the national show centre. Saw a nice table. It had a built in Bluetooth speaker. No password required to connect.

Commenced my DJ set.

Catalog on the streams*

*its not much more difficult than sending emails but i'd misplaced a few albums.

Bought a sewing machine (wanted one for ages) 2nd hand today.

Initially wasn't working.

About 40 mins oil/cleaning later its running like new.

I'll be in my palace of draught excluders if anyone needs me.

The new Aphex Twin EP has 2 extra tracks and is 3 minutes longer than the RDJ LP.

Moved to a new flat recently and one of the cats from next door came in the bedroom window yesterday unprompted and is mad friendly. He'll do until we sort out getting one of out own.

Bought a sewing machine (wanted one for ages) 2nd hand today.

Initially wasn't working.

About 40 mins oil/cleaning later its running like new.

I'll be in my palace of draught excluders if anyone needs me.

Can I have one for that sub forum if it happens? I'll give you my €30 Thumped subscription in exchange.

Thanking you in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back