Minor Pleasures (4 Viewers)

I went to an Irish-speaking school in the Gaeltacht. One time I was asked to stand up in class and talk about what the family has for breakfast. I said that my Dad eats "poróiste", thinking that was a real word, and of course, it must be the Irish for porridge. But no. Cue howls of laughter from the whole school and the teacher.

It may go some way to explaining why I turned away from this food for so long.

Still wincing 45 years later
My sister, as Gaeilage, asked for a Bud in Kerry Gaeltacht to much laughter from the barman.
Bud is apparently slang for penis

This reminds me of a mate who used to eat a dry packet of Koka noodles like it was a chocolate bar
There is of course Oatmeal in muesli - so what the heck's the difference?

I often eat several uncooked courgettes per day. The only veg I ever ate that made me feel full.

Cooking can be overated.
I saw a famous UK chef do a recipe in an Irish paper once where I couldn't believe it when he put two CANS of chick peas into a bowl and then a CAN of tomatoes on top and then made some seasoning stuff to give it some flavour. end.
That ain't cookin'! Even an anti- foodie like me would cook the beans.

This reminds me of a mate who used to eat a dry packet of Koka noodles like it was a chocolate bar
Shortage of instant noodles in Aldi and Lidl..can't be had .. so I popped in to Dunnes cos I am craving a fried egg on noodles. Anyway, 3.99 for a 4 pack of Koka! FUCK THAT.

I'll wait til they're back in Aldi for 17c.

Shortage of instant noodles in Aldi and Lidl..can't be had .. so I popped in to Dunnes cos I am craving a fried egg on noodles. Anyway, 3.99 for a 4 pack of Koka! FUCK THAT.

I'll wait til they're back in Aldi for 17c.
Koka has lost the run of themselves with their pricing. I've tried the Aldi/ Lidl alternatives...they're not for me.

It's exactly the thing that Tony Soprano's Mum would store her feet in, while blankly staring at the door waiting for an orderly to drop in her lunch.

It has three settings, and off. Fuck everything apart from the max setting. Every now and again it turns itself off, presumably because there's laws against cooking people's feet while they're still attached, so you need to override that the moment you notice it's timed out.

Your fantasy all our reality now @hiadudiad?

iu

I've just ordered one of these for herself as a Christmas Present.

There will be other things, but she will like this the most, I am sure of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back