Minor Pleasures (1 Viewer)

ann post

Threads
Final woodturning class. The pleasure isn't that the course is over, more so the process itself. There were two lads there who were doing it for the second time, because the equipment and space required is a fair. See if I last 6 months without buying a lathe.

ann post

Threads
the psychological need for western culture to centre things around iconic figures turning shinto into marie kondo.
The monetization of shinto into useless overpriced crap.

hermie

Supporter
Threads
Website
Visit site
Rediscovering the joy of making mixes. Something I probably thought I had grown out of. The Boards of Canada mix and how much I loved it got me doing it again. Mixes in general. But also more specifically taking one band and focusing on their less celebrated albums, the stuff you're less familiar with. Sort of like a salvage job on the murkier moments of bands you love.

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
Final woodturning class. The pleasure isn't that the course is over, more so the process itself. There were two lads there who were doing it for the second time, because the equipment and space required is a fair. See if I last 6 months without buying a lathe.

Lidl are selling a lathe, but a guy I know says they're not great. He returned his. But it might suit if it's just basic turning you want.

ann post

Threads
Lidl are selling a lathe, but a guy I know says they're not great. He returned his. But it might suit if it's just basic turning you want.

I'd recommend that nobody buys those, but thanks for sharing :) going back for a higher qualification after Xmas so probably gonna fully bypass the starter kit stage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Terror Twilight
    … And Carrot Rope
    Pavement
    Terror Twilight
  • The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
    Memorial
    Explosions In The Sky
    The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads