Minor Pleasures (8 Viewers)

Didn't much like Brussels. The Grand Place is pretty impressive though. Could you make it to Louven or Bruges or somewhere like that for one of the days?
Looks like there are fairly afforable (for me) day trips to Bruges - I think I'll do that.
Of course I got mixed up between the two spellings of Leuven or Louvain
I'm Leuvin It

Any new city is fun when you've not been there and are only there for a few days, and Brussels has A+ beer and A+ chips, so you do you. Already said but thr Erotic museum is great, more a winding building owned by a strange woman who you have to buzz to let you in, but she has an incredible collection thats not just old wooden dildos. Do a tasting at the Delerium cafe. Its not the best citty to spend too much time in unless you really love the EU (don't we all), but eating and doing the museums is a one day affair, and after that go to Bruges! Smaller towns in Belgium are gorge and you could do lots of cool outdoorsy things, but from a tourist on foot perspective all they have are (a bizarre amount of) pharmacies.

Any new city is fun when you've not been there and are only there for a few days, and Brussels has A+ beer and A+ chips, so you do you. Already said but thr Erotic museum is great, more a winding building owned by a strange woman who you have to buzz to let you in, but she has an incredible collection thats not just old wooden dildos. Do a tasting at the Delerium cafe. Its not the best citty to spend too much time in unless you really love the EU (don't we all), but eating and doing the museums is a one day affair, and after that go to Bruges! Smaller towns in Belgium are gorge and you could do lots of cool outdoorsy things, but from a tourist on foot perspective all they have are (a bizarre amount of) pharmacies.
All sounds good! Definitely planning on going to Bruge. Any other small towns in reach you would recommend? Might pop over to Ghent?

Finished shelf number 4 (back at work now so only a few hours a week for this). Pedalboard build is ongoing and there was a few tweaks on the workshop side during the week.

Found an amazing lamp in the charity store for 5 euro. Sturdy, dimmable and adjustable.

View attachment 13037

Finished #5 and #6 this weekend. KInda at a crossroads in the chess game of freeing up more space where the next few builds temporarily detract from floor space. HOWEVER. I have this very cool recording setup now. or can effectively build 2-3 enclosures.

six shelves.jpg

Note to thumped, the build i'm doing two builds from now I'll be doing a youtube thing on, and if I can get over the golden 300 shares it might bring in a little revenue for the rest of the build.Sharing will most certainly be caring.

Elaborate please. How dis this come about?
I’m a subscriber to their supporters project (crowdfunding thing) and they use a card system like Brian Eno’s Oblique Strategies to come up with ways of producing new songs. Blixa drew the card “Anrufe” (calls) and interpreted that as calling a bunch of supporters for words and phrases. We also had a nice discussion about the Bertolt Brecht thing he did here in Dublin last month.

Is anyone else part of any supremely odd facebook groups just out of fascination? I'm in one called "Big Box PC Game Collectors" where guys (and Brenda Romero) post their collection of, well, old PC games. I get an odd satisfaction watching them get excited about getting Titus the Fox in mint condition at a bargain price or coming across a rare version of Doom. I'm not even laughing at them, I really find it engrossing!

Is anyone else part of any supremely odd facebook groups just out of fascination? I'm in one called "Big Box PC Game Collectors" where guys (and Brenda Romero) post their collection of, well, old PC games. I get an odd satisfaction watching them get excited about getting Titus the Fox in mint condition at a bargain price or coming across a rare version of Doom. I'm not even laughing at them, I really find it engrossing!

One of my favourite things is watching someone light up and lose themselves when they talk about something they're really into, even if I've no interest in the subject, I like seeing the change it makes in them. I'm not sure it'd work so well on a FB group

I’ve a small box of big box pc games in the attic. People buy them?

Users who are viewing this thread

• dudley
  • Cornu Ammonis
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back