Minor Pleasures (6 Viewers)

I had a strong pre-teen crush on gary ewing. God I had terrible taste at 7.

Ted+Shackelford++then.JPG

All of my pre-teen crushes were on old fellas. Seriously. First ever crush was Kevin Costner when I was about 5.

I remember my bother, sister and myself got so caught up in the Scott and Charlene story line in Neighbours that we bunked off school for days. Our parents were away on holiday or something .This was when it was only broadcast in the afternoon.

That looks class. What kind of stuff do you make?

Mostly functional stuff and furniture for myself, and by looking at my pics its seems to have been a few years of shelves. I'm in the design stages of a massive (for me) project to actually set up the workshop now that I've a longer term space, so thats gonna be a few mobile shelves / modular tool boxes and fixed shelves with a pop up (ugghh) recording studio. In the above picture is a shelf i just finished varnishing that fits into an existing argos thing i have for the bedroom, two pedalboards (black) in the early stages and the duck boards are for the wet room. Below is hipster pallet furniture i did for a mate for drinking cans on. Hoping to get all the building done relatively quick so I can go back to doing more creative things.

Attachments

• IMG_20170707_212151.jpg
    IMG_20170707_212151.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
I remember being very upset that going to school (maybe even play school??) meant i missed King Rollo, so a good sick day meant I got to watch it

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Now i'm grownup I can watch King Rollo on youtube while in work.

Starting to work my way through this in the last 30 mins where i just keep a chair warm.

Got not 1 but 2 letters from the country registrar excusing me from jury duty

good stuff. Actually, was just thinking about that recently. I've only done jury duty once and wasn't called for any cases. They do a very ad-hoc rollcall on the first day, and seem not to dwell on anyone not responding. Basically, if you didn't turn up, I doubt there'd be any hassle afterwards. Wouldn't risk it though, at the same time.

good stuff. Actually, was just thinking about that recently. I've only done jury duty once and wasn't called for any cases. They do a very ad-hoc rollcall on the first day, and seem not to dwell on anyone not responding. Basically, if you didn't turn up, I doubt there'd be any hassle afterwards. Wouldn't risk it though, at the same time.

The summons made reference to fines for not turning up

I don't understand the hate for jury duty. is the notion of civic duty an alien one? you have rights as a citizen, but some responsibilities too

imagine you were on trial for a crime you didn't (or indeed did) commit. wouldn't you rather the jury was populated by some of your immediate peers (us pricks) as opposed to bored busybodies, retirees, etc.?

for the record, i've been called twice, did it the first time but couldn't the second due to being self-employed.

I don't understand the hate for jury duty. is the notion of civic duty an alien one? you have rights as a citizen, but some responsibilities too

I have no problem with the concept of jury duty, per se. My problem is how we were treated when in that jury reception room. You're left sitting for hours on wooden chairs, with security guards in front of all the doors to stop you getting out.

It all felt very uncomfortable and I'd be looking to get out of it, if called again.

imagine you were on trial for a crime you didn't (or indeed did) commit. wouldn't you rather the jury was populated by some of your immediate peers (us pricks) as opposed to bored busybodies, retirees, etc.?

for the record, i've been called twice, did it the first time but couldn't the second due to being self-employed.

Ordinarily I'd be all for doing it, I think it'd be interesting to do, but we've training courses all that week someone is flying in from the UK to deliver them, dozens of people will be doing them, it's been arranged for months and can't be moved just because I have to go to court.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back