Burgerbarbaby

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Pio McCann referred to Merle haggard as Merle Taggart the other day
Pio McCann! :)

I stayed in a B&B about ten years ago where the owner had some connection with Ritz Records. She had a load of gold and platinum records on the walls. I had no idea Country & Irish was so big until then. Immediately after that I got the idea of attempting to audition for Michael English's band. He's from the same village as me, and I was playing drums a lot around that time, so I felt confident. My nerve faltered when I saw the calibre of musicians he had on his albums - Noel Eccles on drums etc. It's quite the subculture, and there's huge money spent on the music. Louis Walsh managed Michael English for a couple of years.

There's an artist doing a film project on the Country & Irish scene, more or less a documentary, which is being made at the moment I think...about time.

@GO I always thought a good way to get in to this stuff was to enter a few song competitions. What's your stage name? I had a whole cabaret band thing mapped out (just for the crack) with my brother. My stage name was Sunny Large. We may end up recording a few songs sometime, I still think it's hilarious.

Last edited:

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads
Pio McCann! :)

I stayed in a B&B about ten years ago where the owner had some connection with Ritz Records. She had a load of gold and platinum records on the walls. I had no idea Country & Irish was so big until then. Immediately after that I got the idea of attempting to audition for Michael English's band. He's from the same village as me, and I was playing drums a lot around that time, so I felt confident. My nerve faltered when I saw the calibre of musicians he had on his albums - Noel Eccles on drums etc. It's quite the subculture, and there's huge money spent on the music. Louis Walsh managed Michael English for a couple of years.

There's an artist doing a film project on the Country & Irish scene, more or less a documentary, which is being made at the moment I think...about time.

@GO I always thought a good way to get in to this stuff was to enter a few song competitions. What's your stage name? I had a whole cabaret band thing mapped out (just for the crack) with my brother. My stage name was Sunny Large. We may end up recording a few songs sometime, I still think it's hilarious.
Sunny Large!!!

BRAVO!

My C&I handle is Shishane Bernard
Part of my shtick is that I'm a metric cowboy..I wear a 38 litre hat and I'm always like..so many kilometers from home etc

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Threads
Website
thumped.com
Went to the Arnotts warehouse clearance hell thing in the national show centre. Saw a nice table. It had a built in Bluetooth speaker. No password required to connect.

Commenced my DJ set.

ann post

Threads
Bought a sewing machine (wanted one for ages) 2nd hand today.

Initially wasn't working.

About 40 mins oil/cleaning later its running like new.

I'll be in my palace of draught excluders if anyone needs me.

ilovehoovering

Supporter
Threads
Moved to a new flat recently and one of the cats from next door came in the bedroom window yesterday unprompted and is mad friendly. He'll do until we sort out getting one of out own.

BlackGrape

Threads
Bought a sewing machine (wanted one for ages) 2nd hand today.

Initially wasn't working.

About 40 mins oil/cleaning later its running like new.

I'll be in my palace of draught excluders if anyone needs me.
Can I have one for that sub forum if it happens? I'll give you my €30 Thumped subscription in exchange.

Thanking you in advance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... if we have any.

Upgrade now

Buy me a coffeeBuy me a coffee

Latest posts

Latest threads