Minor Pleasures (6 Viewers)

Prepare yourself for culture shock Lili
e8f5af481d478645c2c962e49dc2836f.jpg

Kiwis are fun, less racist than the Aussies.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pretty happy with the new caching & CDN stuff i set up last week. Seems to have made a big difference to page load times, or maybe that's just me being back on proper internets not like the crappy service I had out foreign.

What a nice rejection letter we received for our submission:

Howdy ....,

Dan Berger here. I was out on medical leave for a year but have finally started working for Heavy Metal again. I’m now going through the submissions that were sent in over the past 12 months. You may have already heard from someone at HM and/or you may have already been published in the magazine (if so, please disregard the following :) - unfortunately I don’t know because I wasn’t able to keep track of things while I was away.

So I’m writing to you now to say that we've received your submission, and to thank you for thinking of us.

Here’s the scoop on submitting to our magazine:

Because "Heavy Metal" is a bi-monthly publication (six issues per year) that has to be solicited to distributors four months in advance, we're working with very long lead times and an abundance of submissions to peruse.

We do not reject any submissions outright (unless requested to do so). We like to keep submissions on file so we have options when putting the magazine together, so it's possible that you could hear from us sometime down the line. A couple years ago, we ran a story that was submitted five years previously - crazy, right? But this is an example of how long delays are possible due to our publishing schedule and space limitations. Because of this, we do not expect creators to wait to hear back from us before publishing their work elsewhere.

If Grant Morrison, the editor-in-chief of the magazine, decides that he'd like to publish your story, I'll contact you at some point in the future to see if it's still available. If you don't hear from me, it's not necessarily because Grant doesn't enjoy your work, it could simply be a matter of us having filled the very limited space for the magazine.

Cheers,
Dan Berger

Breaking in new strings on my gretsch, playing through a little Vox amp ( which I bought off a Thumpeder) and finally trying out a vintage tape Wem Copicat I bought a couple of years ago (also off a Thumpeder) , while having a bottle of red wine. That'll do.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
    The Sugar Club
    8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back