Minor Musical Observations (1 Viewer)

This could be a Steinman/Meatloaf song

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Amazingly small amount of bass on Zeppelin iv ..compared to modern records

In Oscar news, I learned that his person has lost the "best song" award for the 13th time

Amazingly prolific, and I assume successful writer but the only song I recognised is this one

In Oscar news, I learned that his person has lost the "best song" award for the 13th time

Amazingly prolific, and I assume successful writer but the only song I recognised is this one

I recognise these two

Warren has written nine number-one songs and 32 top-10 songs on the Billboard Hot 100 including "If I Could Turn Back Time" (Cher, 1989),and "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" (Aerosmith, 1998).

Diane Warren was kind of the template for all the major songwriter hacks of the past 30 years, at least until Max Martin came along. They all live in LA and worship at the feet of Carole King's Tapestry. There's a bunch of them but I can only think of Linda Perry right now

You missed out this biggie btw

It's an interesting thing when a band goes down that route, not sure how I feel about it. Aerosmith being the most famous example, pretty much all their major hits from Permanent Vacation onwards are co-writes or straight up written by professional songwriters. Liam Gallagher has revived his career doing the same thing recently.

It's an interesting thing when a band goes down that route, not sure how I feel about it. Aerosmith being the most famous example, pretty much all their major hits from Permanent Vacation onwards are co-writes or straight up written by professional songwriters. Liam Gallagher has revived his career doing the same thing recently.
Same for Bon Jovi on Slippery When Wet iirc.

Same for Bon Jovi on Slippery When Wet iirc.
oh yeah! They focus grouped that one with groups of teenagers didn't they?? lol fuckin bon jovi

how does that work?
did she write them *for* cheap trick - i.e. were they commissioned; or did cheap trick buy the rights to songs she was selling because they thought they could do something with them?
Maybe I worded that wrong. They recorded songs written by her. Although I think one Is a co write. That doesn't mean they wrote together as such though.

From what Ive read in interviews etc a lot of the 80's outside writers etc were pushed on them by record companies. I imagine that was very common.

how does that work?
did she write them *for* cheap trick - i.e. were they commissioned; or did cheap trick buy the rights to songs she was selling because they thought they could do something with them?
Probably publishers involved hawking material about

Maybe I worded that wrong. They recorded songs written by her. Although I think one Is a co write. That doesn't mean they wrote together as such though.

From what Ive read in interviews etc a lot of the 80's outside writers etc were pushed on them by record companies. I imagine that was very common.
cheers, i guess co-writing credits would be due to them having made changes significant enough to warrant a credit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back