Minor Musical Observations (1 Viewer)

They need to sort out autodance technology soon. Dua lipa took like two years to get a basic move or two going, silk sonic are doing way better than her at it.

Anywhoo hyped for Keatings new stuff

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ah you do though. All the autotune in the world doesn't make me sound like a good singer, believe me I've tried. A year of singing lessons has helped a bit though
Ah yeah, I just wonder about that boyzone song. Was that the best they could do or was Louis Walsh just going "bang it out in an hour lads. Yeah that's almost there, that'll do, this pop music, it doesn't need to be good"

edit: not even "doesn't need to be good" which is kind of fair enough in that cynical post-Bros time, but doesn't even have to be in tune! It'd be like releasing a Metallica cover and leaving out the riffs because you weren't bothered learning them.

ha! Well I stand corrected. Idles are Boyzone.

I was accosted by a fan of theirs at a gig they'd played support at telling me how great they'd been. I'd been mistaken for their bass player.

I hadn't even seen the support so I was very confused.

Now off to the bands I don't get thread ...

I was accosted by a fan of theirs at a gig they'd played support at telling me how great they'd been. I'd been mistaken for their bass player.

I hadn't even seen the support so I was very confused.

Now off to the bands I don't get thread ...
Off to google the bass player in Idles

I dunno dude, I'm running https://www.thomann.de/ie/ssl_native_vocalstrip_2.htm with Melodyne and ... well, it makes me sound a lot better, but not necessarily actually good y'know?
Ahh...you use autotune?

Great job. I couldn't tell . I thought you could sing. Although now that you mention it....

Anyway.. using Melodyne in that choral piece was clever. I've nothing against it..wouldnt use it myself.... unless I absolutely had too.

Ahh...you use autotune?

Great job. I couldn't tell . I thought you could sing. Although now that you mention it....

Anyway.. using Melodyne in that choral piece was clever. I've nothing against it..wouldnt use it myself.... unless I absolutely had too.
I kind of had to for the choral piece - the high part is up in my falsetto range and my tuning is v dodgy up there. I used it on groups of voices rather than directly on each voice - using it directly on each voice meant they all ended up sounding too similar, on a group it smoothed out the worst bits while allowing it to still sound like a group

I'm actually using tuning a good bit less on my vocal these days, having done singing lessons I need it less. I had done various tutorials and bought books and stuff, but doing lessons (over zoom) with a real teacher was a zillion times better. Helped a lot

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That seems like some serious stretchy bandwagoning. The Dublin pedestrian crossings inspired Billy Eilish even though she never heard them but they happen to be the same as in another city on the far side of the world???

I'll tell you what's a great public movement sound, the chimes on the Barcelona Metro as it approaches a station.

That seems like some serious stretchy bandwagoning. The Dublin pedestrian crossings inspired Billy Eilish even though she never heard them but they happen to be the same as in another city on the far side of the world???

I'll tell you what's a great public movement sound, the chimes on the Barcelona Metro as it approaches a station.
Yes, I noticed that afterwards. "She heard the sound in Sydney, but we have the same ones, so..."

Maybe Sydney sampled the Dublin one though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back