Minor Musical Observations (1 Viewer)

Also,in unrelated observations, I love when I'm looking at a guitar ad and the first thing they write is the length

That simpatico tune is pretty sufjan alright, and by god it goes on WAY too long, but those clowns are really sweet <3 Dunno why they bothered showing the band playing in a field, kinda ruins the whole buzz of the thing

Fuck me, Stephen Gately was a terrible singer

ar dheis De go raibh a anam

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Theyre all terrible singers .. but he's actually flat in that..or sharp

Theyre all terrible singers .. but he's actually flat in that..or sharp
Yes, it's very, very noticebale on this. Despite the studio production which usually tends to mask the ..shitness.

The singing isn't even the major problem here. The production is shiiiite. I never realized how gutless these songs were, there's just nothing there. Not sure if it's fair to compare it to Britney Spears, just checking I'm not imagining things, but that stuff is so much better produced.

Dang. How the fuck did these guys get anywhere?

/me searches memory banks and finds nothing

Maybe I did. I suppose there's not really any way of telling whether you forgot something or never knew it in the first place

I believe Stewart Lee suggested Jeremy Clarkson might write a letter to Stephen's grieving parents to really wind up the dykes tn the Guardian.

The singing isn't even the major problem here. The production is shiiiite. I never realized how gutless these songs were, there's just nothing there. Not sure if it's fair to compare it to Britney Spears, just checking I'm not imagining things, but that stuff is so much better produced.

Dang. How the fuck did these guys get anywhere?
timing, 100% about the timing for them. I remember getting the bus into town from college and seeing them on a billboard, and a girl who was with me pointing out that their gimmick was that they all wore a different colour jeans. Then they played the homecoming following USA 94 in the phoenix park, and they all wore orange boiler suits, like out of Orange is the New Black. They were dreadful. Basically, they were one big joke until Take That broke up a year or 2 later. That left a gap, and an appetite for that kind of bollox. The world was flooded with boybands. Nowadays theres barely a one you could name, outside of Korea.

A world before autotune though, amazing. You don't even get to find out who is a bad singer anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back