Minor complaints thread (3 Viewers)

I had a similar thing with Shane Horgan once, saw him in a pub, flash of recognition, waved. (Ah shite I only know him from the telly).

He didn't come over but he smiled and waved back, probably thinking "how do I know that guy?"
Same but Ron Wood in the Village downstairs. There was a gig on and I nodded to him in a “ah, it’s yourself, a fellow frequent gig goer” and he nodded back, probably thinking to himself “it’s that hot shot guy who goes to loads of gigs”.

Probably for the “you’re old” thread, but remember when you’d buy records direct from small labels and they’d throw in a few stickers, flyers and maybe a “thanks for the support”? Now you get a record and a fucking receipt. No concept of connection at all.

Probably for the “you’re old” thread, but remember when you’d buy records direct from small labels and they’d throw in a few stickers, flyers and maybe a “thanks for the support”? Now you get a record and a fucking receipt. No concept of connection at all.
I still get stickers and flyers off small labels. old skool.
I usually give them feedback on the records I get too and write them a bit of a thank you.
but yeah a lot of that is lost in the world of digital transactions - a pity.

I still get stickers and flyers off small labels. old skool.
I usually give them feedback on the stuff I get too and write them a bit of a thank you.
but yeah a lot of that is lot in the world of digital transactions - a pity.
Your small labels must be more old skool then my small labels then. I feel it's faded as a practice in general.

Your small labels must be more old skool then my small labels then. I feel it's faded as a practice in general.
oh yeah.
when you had to send a letter that was all part of the culture.
a lot of folks don't get much feed back on their work or connection with folks now.
I only got a debit card for the first time in 2018, so letter writing was a big part of my life more recently than most folks.

oh yeah.
when you had to send a letter that was all part of the culture.
a lot of folks don't get much feed back on their work or connection with folks now.
I only got a debit card for the first time in 2018, so letter writing was a big part of my life more recently than most folks.
That's true, you had to send a letter with a money order, so you were likely to say "hello from Ireland, how are things in Canada" etc (and wait months for something to show up!) that doesn't happen with two clicks on Bandcamp. I guess the modern disconnect starts with the purchaser and not the label.

It's rare these days to get stickers or flyers never mind a note.

I did order a couple of 7"s a while ago and got some stickers an extra cd and a t shirt thrown in. That was wild.

We rebranded and all of our old company logo shit became verboten. So they had skips out back and they sent waste trolleys around gathering up mugs, t-shirts, backpacks, hoodies, jackets, mousepads - you fucking name it - and it all got trashed
(I helped myself to a very decent unused backpack and water bottle - that has to stay home)

Then they bought us all new shiny shit with the new fancy branding. So new mugs and tees and jackets etc.

THEN a fucking year into it, the owner decides he hates the new logo wants to go back to the OLD ONE
Same shit. Skips and waste carts full of the new logo. All of this stuff barely a year old. Now it's cancelled. Oceania was at war with Eastasia.
Like nice fucking jackets and all. Patagonia and Arctyrex. Not that you'd wear one out to a gig, but you'd be well fucking glad of it on a rainy bike ride.

Then they bought us all new shit with the new (OLD!) logo on it. Same shit we tossed 12 months previous. Just new.
The new bags are cool - Timbuk2, great for the bike.

And I can bring the water bottle I nicked into work again now.

NOt a complaint. Just more of an observation that no one knows anything.

ETA - I may have mentioned this before. Just blows my mind every time I think about it.

Last edited:
i once got a call from one of the lads in goods inwards; went down to him, and he offered me a company branded barbecue kit (basically, a big wallet with skewers, tongs, etc.); i asked him could i have another, and he sent me away with 8 i think. he'd been sent a pallet of them, with instructions to have them destroyed because they had the old logo on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back