Minor complaints thread (16 Viewers)

It was that until the climate bill / circular economy bill for sure. now that there is legislation in place everything has to go through that filter. hyped for FFG claiming this around election time.
If you say so, I suppose I'll believe it when they start offering me ways to sort out my house where I don't need to have 20K lying around to start with. I wonder if they'll just go full Liz Truss and start talking about open pit mining the entire country.

There's a room to rent here and the guy that was supposed to show up at 13:00 hasn't.

I think because it's a bit of a weird place and seems too-good-to-be-true that people are turned off or suspicious. I just phoned one of my work guys, who is currently sleeping on his mates living room floor, and even he was reticent. I'm like "I'm trying to help you here mate, there's no caveat".
The young kids are not able to accept that sometimes, some people are actually trying to help them altruistically. He can decide to move in or not but I hope he doesn't fuck it up.

If you say so, I suppose I'll believe it when they start offering me ways to sort out my house where I don't need to have 20K lying around to start with. I wonder if they'll just go full Liz Truss and start talking about open pit mining the entire country.

Of course - I'd like that too - The SEAI as far as i can see doesn't recognise anyone on less than around 60k a year, and it's been like that long time. The greens seem to have been going after the big fish almost entirely - countrywide legislation that'll scrape carbon outputs rather than a new solar setup [insert valuable voting neighbourhood here] type stuff.

I might be a bit day 3 of the rona short fused here, but how are two pieces of legislation that are in law and one of which has already been tested an 'if i say so' thing?

I might be a bit day 3 of the rona short fused here, but how are two pieces of legislation that are in law and one of which has already been tested an 'if i say so' thing?
If you're saying they will work I'll take your word for it for now, but I'm not convinced that having a law will make a difference because either, much like our tax regime, it simply won't be adhered to by those who do the most damage or, much like our housing schemes, targets will be consistently set and missed etc.

If you do want to talk about it more, explain to me what these laws will do. I'm all ears for something positive.

Last edited:
If you do want to talk about it more, explain to me what these laws will do. I'm all ears for something positive.

The first thing the climate bill did was the sectoral emmissions agreements this summer - there was huge pushback from the farmers of course - but the whole reason these sectoral emmissions are even on the table is the climate bill. the circular economy bill to my knowledge hasn't been tested.

Satan, AKA Eamon Ryan was at meetings today to figure out how to include stuff that fell outside the remit of the first tranche of sectoral emmissions included in next year.

At the barber's. They're blaring some awful generic dance music; thumpa thumpa, girl vocalist , vapid lyrics etc. Does the world need a contemporary fun-free version of Barbie Girl?

I lost my phone. This was originally going to go in the Major C's thread, and re-reading some of my posts there from a while ago was difficult to say the least.

But fuckit, don't care anymore, I'm happy out I think.

Anyway, somehow, despite being not overly tired nor drunk nor stressed. SOMEHOW, I lost my phone tonight. Htf did I manage that? I'm more annoyed that I spent two hours retracing my steps.

Nokia G20. The only time I ever bought a phone worse than the one I had before. Utter piece of shite. Yes I will lose a days work and have to spend some cash I'd rather not spend, but it's not that big a deal. I'll get a better phone, I'll get a new insurance policy as I let the last one lapse.

Sometimes these things just happen I guess. New beginnings and all that.

Pitch black out there. I know yesterday was officially the last day of summer but come on heliocentric solar system, this ridiculous.

I have to actually go into the office today, for the first time in nearly a month, and I won't have to for another month, and it is going to rain all day. Had to break out my Winter Parka.

And to those people who want us to stick at Summer Time if we are no longer changing the clocks... do you really want to spend longer than necessary waking up in the bloody dark every year?! I am sooo looking forward to the clocks changing.

The dark doesn’t bother me but the weeks of the children being disrupted from their sleep and the missed meetings with international contacts because they’re not switching yet/lol they just surprise switched would be glorious.

who's not switching? i saw some reference to i think Chile dicking around with their timezone. caused panic in work a good few years back when turkey announced with two days warning that they were not doing fall back.

who's not switching? i saw some reference to i think Chile dicking around with their timezone. caused panic in work a good few years back when turkey announced with two days warning that they were not doing fall back.
The EU. They were supposed to get rid of daylight savings but have paused it because of the pandemic.

I'd be willing to give the daylight savings thing a miss for a year as a try out. Sunrise at, what, 9:45 would be kind of mental.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back