Minor complaints thread (18 Viewers)

What you do with your mind is your own business when you're painting. Thats why its my ideal job.
I can think about what I want to think about

Here's me having a nice think.

View attachment 16108
For real
I was a painter for years
There's a zen to it
It's repetitive enough that your mind can drift and think, but involved enough that you can feel yourself accomplishing something

Great for the ol' podcasts too

For real
I was a painter for years
There's a zen to it
It's repetitive enough that your mind can drift and think, but involved enough that you can feel yourself accomplishing something

Great for the ol' podcasts too
But the edges, the spilling, the mess.. The getting it wrong... I hate it

I painted for a summer while in college. I can cut in like the motherfucker incarnate. My father in law painted one of the rooms in our house and I could barely walk into it for a month without getting annoyed. Just stupid lazy mistakes, and he was using the same paint on the walls as the ceilings so not exactly a difficult job.

I painted for a summer while in college. I can cut in like the motherfucker incarnate. My father in law painted one of the rooms in our house and I could barely walk into it for a month without getting annoyed. Just stupid lazy mistakes, and he was using the same paint on the walls as the ceilings so not exactly a difficult job.
Has he not seen the Mr Bean episode where he paints the whole room with a firework?

I don’t like painting but I’m good at it. The key is the prep work, once you’ve got your masking tape and coverings done, it’s fairly easy to go around without making a mess.

Has he not seen the Mr Bean episode where he paints the whole room with a firework?

I don’t like painting but I’m good at it. The key is the prep work, once you’ve got your masking tape and coverings done, it’s fairly easy to go around without making a mess.

Painting, for a car anyway, is 80% prep 20% painting

Somewhere in the flat moving, the letter "y" got bashed off the writing things pad with all the buttons on the laptop that is mine.

It still kind of works, and I've kind of put it back in place, but sometimes the laptop just gets stuck on that letter, other times it doesn't work at all. Never realised I used the 25th letter of the alphabet that much. I have to change how I write words on the internet a lot.

Last time we moved the old laptop had it's screen smashed. This is less bad, bit still bad.

I feel like I'm in the movie "Misery".

I put the fan I bought last week away. I reckon that's summer done for another year. Oh well, guess it's S. A. D. again for me.

I'm in Latvia and it hasn't dropped below 30 degrees since before the weekend. Its fucking hell. Not likely to until sunday either
Was in Spain for me holliers, never dropped below 32, real feel was always 36/37. On the coast though, so never humid really, just *hot*.

On the day we were leaving Spain they introduced a new law, to combat the energy crisis, that AC units cannot be set lower than 27 degrees. It kicked in on the day we were travelling home, and the heat inside the airport was unreal. Everyone was dripping with sweat.

Somewhere in the flat moving, the letter "y" got bashed off the writing things pad with all the buttons on the laptop that is mine.

It still kind of works, and I've kind of put it back in place, but sometimes the laptop just gets stuck on that letter, other times it doesn't work at all. Never realised I used the 25th letter of the alphabet that much. I have to change how I write words on the internet a lot.

Last time we moved the old laptop had it's screen smashed. This is less bad, bit still bad.

I feel like I'm in the movie "Misery".
Two solutions:

1. Copy 'y' from some word so you can just paste it all the time

2. On Mac's there's this floating keyboard thing that you can get to appear so then you can just click a letter when you need it. Use the Accessibility Keyboard on Mac

Users who are viewing this thread

• Unicron
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back