Minor complaints thread (34 Viewers)

The chemist we use has changed owners,and as a result pretty much all the staff. They have gone from super helpful to fucking useless.
Potential to escalate to a major complaint.

Just bought a kofte kebab and 10 onion rings. Ate all the onion rings, now I'm full. Can't even look at the kofte. All the salad except chilli's. Garlic sauce, if you're asking. Yes, I'm a sissy.

At least breakfast and lunch is sorted for tomorrow.

Rearranged my local Tesco last week. Raging because I could do a shop in the blindfolded and at speed. Which I know is why they rearranged it, but still.
Infuriating isn't it? People think I'm OCD. I'm not I don't think. It's just that that's the way things should be, and there are reasons for that. If you don't get it, that's because you're shit. It's not because I'm a loon.

i have a method (not a very complicated method) for unloading the shopping onto the conveyor belt at the till and it grinds my gears when the cashier messes it up.

my mum was once in tesco and there was some charity bagging thing going on (which i hate). the kid filling the bags of the lady in front of her put the eggs in first, before putting heavy stuff in. she stopped him and asked him what he was doing and he proudly chirped that if the eggs were on top and broke, they'd leak down over all the other shopping.

i have a method (not a very complicated method) for unloading the shopping onto the conveyor belt at the till and it grinds my gears when the cashier messes it up.

my mum was once in tesco and there was some charity bagging thing going on (which i hate). the kid filling the bags of the lady in front of her put the eggs in first, before putting heavy stuff in. she stopped him and asked him what he was doing and he proudly chirped that if the eggs were on top and broke, they'd leak down over all the other shopping.

an architect in the making there I reckon

Motherfucker.

My hackles are thoroughly raised.

Rearranged my local Tesco last week. Raging because I could do a shop in the blindfolded and at speed. Which I know is why they rearranged it, but still.

I read some thing recently who knows where about supermarkets generally keeping the perishables near staff exits because it's the lowest traffic version of keeping fresh stuff in stock, information i think i should have been told when i was whatever age i started dealing with food at. Anywhoooo its a 'hack' for an unfamiliar shop.

I read some thing recently who knows where about supermarkets generally keeping the perishables near staff exits because it's the lowest traffic version of keeping fresh stuff in stock, information i think i should have been told when i was whatever age i started dealing with food at. Anywhoooo its a 'hack' for an unfamiliar shop.
F&V is the first thing you see. We need you to buy it first, because it's the most perishable.

Cans and jars are hidden away in the middle of the shop because we'll sell them whenever.
The higher volume stuff goes in the middle two shelves, at your eye level. So that you see it and buy it. The fancy shit (not necessarily cheaper, but lower overall margin. Higher profit per unit, but it doesn't work like that) stuff is on the top and bottom shelves.

The other stuff you actually need is way down the back of the shop. Because then you have to walk all around the shop. And you will probably buy something you don't really need.

Then Lidl et al have their trombones and shit in the middle aisle that they sell. It works.

F&V is the first thing you see. We need you to buy it first, because it's the most perishable.
i think it's also placed at the entrance because it's the most aesthetically pleasing; people are less likely to wander in if they see walls of cans instead of nice shiny wholesome looking fruit and veg.

it's one of the reasons i hate going to ikea; you're up against the best retail psychologists in the world. the trick is knowing the shortcuts.
we've managed not to go there since 2019 despite living a few km from it.

it's one of the reasons i hate going to ikea; you're up against the best retail psychologists in the world. the trick is knowing the shortcuts.
we've managed not to go there since 2019 despite living a few km from it.

The trick is to use the website rather than the shop and go straight to the stock/pallety bit downstairs.

i think it's also placed at the entrance because it's the most aesthetically pleasing; people are less likely to wander in if they see walls of cans instead of nice shiny wholesome looking fruit and veg.
A wall of cans/tins would be interesting, could probably convince my inner-prepper that this is a no-nonsense store that only deals in essentials and shopping here makes you hard as nails, or cans in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Bladez
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back