Minor complaints thread (21 Viewers)

I've been hovering over the purchase of a new bridge from my guitar for almost a year because it's €80, desperately trying to justify the spend.
Yesterday I was at the dentist, €180, here's my card.....

the fact that the US ESTA form asks you if you have ever fraudulently tried to gain access to the US... you'd hardly say yes.

at least they no longer as you if you were a member of the nazi party between 1933-45

I just tldr'd hot presses unbelievably hagiographic review of inhaler in Fairview park. No mention of no shows Wet Leg lol.

Fucking inhaler what a load of auld undeserving bollocks

I get huge amounts of social anxiety from dancing, it is literally crushing (my wife’s wedding present to me was to not have dancing at the wedding). Generally it is also one of those obligatory “fun” activities “EvERYonE LoVes dAnCiNG” that people force you into despite being very clear that it’s not fun for me so don’t drag me into it.
I love dancing, in my own time. But I absolutely hate being dragged out on the dance floor.

Yay I finished work an hour early. Still a 3AM finish is not much better than a 4AM finish. I was supposed to do 5 days of night shifts for slightly-more-than-half-day rates. Easy work, and it would've been easier if I was paying attention, but I let myself down last night by not trying enough, but I would've died doing five nights of that mind-bending, poorly paid, sleep deprived stuff.

It is now 11AM. I am still awake, buzzing. This is shit. Absolutely not worth it. Machismo be damned.

Rail strike today. There'll be some kind of rail strike all week, but today was the worst of it.

I did say to work last week that sending me to the other end of London might not be a great idea, but I'll do it.
Yesterday, they said if you need to get a cab we'll sort you out.

Against my own personal preference I got a cab this morning. £51.50. Damn you surge pricing. They're not gonna pay all of that. So that's an argument in waiting.
And I was still late.
Also my attempt to get home failed, so after 2 hours of walking to a station that turned out to be closed, I got another cab. £16.

Two of the four of us didn't show up. The client also had two no-shows. I worked for free today basically. The work was fine though, basically everyone was beyond caring so it was quite chilled. The office people can stress about this mess, we can't fix it.

Regarding this, email from the office (my emphasis):

"Apologies for the late reply. We will of course cover both Taxi trips. Please could you send through VAT slips for them, and I will add them to your job plus 20% to caver the VAT.

Thank you for your effort you really saved that job."

Get in.

Regarding this, email from the office (my emphasis):

"Apologies for the late reply. We will of course cover both Taxi trips. Please could you send through VAT slips for them, and I will add them to your job plus 20% to caver the VAT.

Thank you for your effort you really saved that job."

Get in.
Gettin' it fucking DONE, SeanC

Suggested posts way outnumbering posts by people I actually follow on instagram these days. Like out of ten posts I might see two that are legit.

Is it time for Fuck Instagram? Probably has been for ages now.

Suggested posts way outnumbering posts by people I actually follow on instagram these days. Like out of ten posts I might see two that are legit.

Is it time for Fuck Instagram? Probably has been for ages now.
Are the people you follow just not putting photo graphs up?

Maybe I should check my own follow vs suggested ratio though
huh

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Clearly the above is childish bullshit, but I've seen some videos from him on tiktok that vocalise pretty clearly some of my own internal thoughts/feelings on men's place in the world. Does one judge someone by their best work or their worst?

Clearly the above is childish bullshit, but I've seen some videos from him on tiktok that vocalise pretty clearly some of my own internal thoughts/feelings on men's place in the world. Does one judge someone by their best work or their worst?
I know what you mean
I have read some lists of his, and some of what he's saying resonates.
Like he had some 10 things you need to do to improve your life or whatever, and I thought "Ok, there's a good one. Oh that one too"
But he's also off the wall on some shit and stuck in his own echo chamber.
Like this crusade against Elliott Page - fuck off with that noise.
And he'd rather die than delete a tweet (delivered earnestly).

So while I don't hate him - he seems like he was a well-intentioned guy that lost his way a very very long time ago - there are far better philosophers, commentators and life coaches out there.
This guy ain't it. He's just not.

Plus I am not interested in talking about him as a proxy in some culture war argument.
If you like him you're this, if you hate him you're that.
DOn't care.

I also think it's fucking nuts to go see him in the 3Arena
And also that there are enough people that love him to fill 3Arena.

Excuse the very long take.
I personally blame coffee.

Plus I am not interested in talking about him as a proxy in some culture war argument.
If you like him you're this, if you hate him you're that.
DOn't care.

I'm moving more and more towards the 'culture wars' essentially being a bit of a fantasy.

He's doing good at stirring shit while on tour.

I think he's an idiot though, with the obvious broken clock exceptions, but that's what twitter makes money on.

I'm moving more and more towards the 'culture wars' essentially being a bit of a fantasy.

He's doing good at stirring shit while on tour.

I think he's an idiot though, with the obvious broken clock exceptions, but that's what twitter makes money on.

You’re right.

And I think my overall objection to him is that his crusade is that ‘men have lost their way’ or ‘women are supplanting men’ or ‘society is too feminised’ or whatever I’m paraphrasing incorrectly there.
I have no interest in that fight.

I want to be a good man and a good person.
But it’s not in reaction to anything else happening in the world or society.
I want it for me and the people I love and those who encounter me.
Because if I can make that true for me, then it’s true for the world I live in.

Like I can take his Have One Room In Your House As Beautiful As Possible, and run with it because it helps me in that goal.
I just have no interest in his larger war.

He is awful and i find it hard to believe he is well intentioned however I agree that he is popular because he is resonating with lost young men who feel marginalized and he's the only one offering them some support. People should take him/this seriously as these lost young men are literally killing people all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back