Minor complaints thread (18 Viewers)

Active or inactive?

Old stuff but also find lots of frass under carpets and herself has seen some flying so yeah they're hatching and exiting the wood to mate.
Hopefully break that cycle.
Temporarily treat areas.
Take up badly affected wood.
Get a man in to gas the fuckers (will probably have to leave the gaff for a week).
Replace removed wood.

And while we are doing the floors we might aswell insulate them and level them (not a level floor or wall in this wonky house).

sorting floors was on the list for doing in a few years but I spose this has just pushed all this in the immediate.
Gonna be a lot of work.
Good excuse to buy a few new tools. Might just get a part time job for 6 months and just lash into it

Old stuff but also find lots of frass under carpets and herself has seen some flying so yeah they're hatching and exiting the wood to mate.
Hopefully break that cycle.
Temporarily treat areas.
Take up badly affected wood.
Get a man in to gas the fuckers (will probably have to leave the gaff for a week).
Replace removed wood.

And while we are doing the floors we might aswell insulate them and level them (not a level floor or wall in this wonky house).

sorting floors was on the list for doing in a few years but I spose this has just pushed all this in the immediate.
Gonna be a lot of work.
Good excuse to buy a few new tools. Might just get a part time job for 6 months and just lash into it
Do you have damp problems? You might find even tackling that would help in the longer term?

We had some in floorboards near walls- gas fires in every room with no vents - walls must have been dripping with condensation. Treated the fuck out of them and re opened vents

Do you have damp problems? You might find even tackling that would help in the longer term?

We had some in floorboards near walls- gas fires in every room with no vents - walls must have been dripping with condensation. Treated the fuck out of them and re opened vents

Yeah previous owners let the place go to ruin. Definitely finding the infestation areas are close to where there were previous leaks (roof issues a few years ago, no seal around any of the shower/bath etc) and old stone walls and also no vents. We are making inroads on the damp issues with dehumidifiers and opening windows does a bit and stuff. That's a whole other separate issue that we're tackling but definitely related alright

We discovered wy the dogs were going nuts early this morning/last night. The cat brought a mouse or shrew into the kitchen and now couldn't care less that it's on the loose. I put some bait in a humane trap a while ago and the fucker enjoyed a hearty snack without setting it off.

The hunt is on

We discovered wy the dogs were going nuts early this morning/last night. The cat brought a mouse or shrew into the kitchen and now couldn't care less that it's on the loose. I put some bait in a humane trap a while ago and the fucker enjoyed a hearty snack without setting it off.

The hunt is on
I do love a good mouse hunt

Major pleasure

there's a frank zappa live album, songs from which keep popping up on spotify. I keep skipping. it keeps coming back.
I know there's a lot of love for him out there, but I just find him a bit tedious.
I love loads of Zappa-inspired or adjacent artists like The Residents, Beefheart, Faust, Nurse With Wound, etc. but Zappa himself just leaves me cold. The humour is crap, the musicianship is that slimy brand of technically brilliant but emotionally dead, and the “greater than thou” attitude is gross.

I love loads of Zappa-inspired or adjacent artists like The Residents, Beefheart, Faust, Nurse With Wound, etc. but Zappa himself just leaves me cold. The humour is crap, the musicianship is that slimy brand of technically brilliant but emotionally dead, and the “greater than thou” attitude is gross.

Meant to like not dislike this

My shoulder is nackered.

I had a moment where all my lads were doing something, I thought I was alone and so just crouched there trying to somehow massage the pain out while muttering profanities. Then one of the security guys came up to me with genuine concern for my wellbeing. He had no responsibility or need to do that, and usually those guys are pricks. I complain a lot, but apparently this time I really looked like I was really suffering.

I just gave him a thumbs up and carried on.

Shit day.

The hunt is on
Against all odds the wily little guy showed himself. I scooped him up in the dustpan and dropped him into the garden. Hope he learned a lesson. I'm most impressed by my girlfriend who for once,sat in a room knowing there was a mouse there. Normally it's the stereotype maid from the Tom and Gerry cartoons.

And another thing!

Tomorrow I'm working at a large multinational corporation type place. So that means I have to do some kind of online H&S induction. They creepily already have my email. I can't get through the hall of mirrors series of links to actually do the induction. So maybe I'll show up tomorrow and get told to go home. I was complaining about doing physical work. Now I'm complaining about doing administrative work. At least I get paid for the physical work. And at least that work gets done.

The humour is crap, the musicianship is that slimy brand of technically brilliant but emotionally dead, and the “greater than thou” attitude is gross.
The attitude really came across in that Alex Winter documentary. Somehow the guy grew up without ever having the ego knocked out of him like most of us have.

Against all odds the wily little guy showed himself. I scooped him up in the dustpan and dropped him into the garden. Hope he learned a lesson. I'm most impressed by my girlfriend who for once,sat in a room knowing there was a mouse there. Normally it's the stereotype maid from the Tom and Gerry cartoons.
I was hoping for more "hero" awards to be honest

Users who are viewing this thread

• M
  • G
  • dudley
  • rettucs
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back