Minor complaints thread (10 Viewers)

I'm envious of people who dance at weddings like they could not give less of a shit and just pull it off seemingly naturally.

However one way to make sure people look at you is to have a big "I'm not dancing" head on you. Just hang out at the bar, or smoking area.

At rockabilly gigs I really appreciated the old school jiving and whatever, but it's something I'll never be able to do. The women would make a bee line for my bass player because of his dancing skills. I think you've either got it or you haven't. Flailing around on the dancefloor at weddings is one of life's most embarrassing things.

My brother asked me to be usher at his wedding which mainly involved directing people to their seats in the church. It was a better-ask-him-to-do-something kind of a thing, I think. But then at the reception the bride and groom did a dance on their own, then the best man and bridesmaid and danced and then the usher and, i dunno, the usherette maybe, had to dance on our own but we had to disco dance to a fast song. I suspect in retrospect that forcing me to do that was a deliberate hate crime against me but I'm not ever bringing it up, I know it was videoed.

Wow ok. How about dancing on your own, or just with your wife? Me and Mrs. egg_ dancing in the sitting room is one of my life's greatest joys
Candle light to set the mood. perhaps a little wine. The Eggs of an evening
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think you've either got it or you haven't
At least on the physical side I'm pretty sure that's not true. Most people can learn to dance if they're interested.

My work is full of hardcore nerds, and the odd time at a big work thing there'll be a DJ, and honestly it'd gladden your heart to be on a dancefloor with people who have got no rhythm whatsoever but are still obviously enjoying themselves

How about not singing? I know people who don't even hum a tune.
There's a lad down my local who sings "piano man", and while his voice is ok he changes key every verse. One or two of the musicians are a little bit condescending about it, which makes him a little shy sometimes, but by fuck the punters love him (and roar along with every word) and he brings the house down every time.

At least on the physical side I'm pretty sure that's not true. Most people can learn to dance if they're interested.

My work is full of hardcore nerds, and the odd time at a big work thing there'll be a DJ, and honestly it'd gladden your heart to be on a dancefloor with people who have got no rhythm whatsoever but are still obviously enjoying themselves
Out of interest, when you say "dancing" what do you mean? Like ballroom dancing or set dancing, or maybe moshing?

Mostly I just mean ... y'know like dancing on the disco bumper to bumper. Like obvs with ballroom or set dancing you can go to lessons, but if you feel incapable of moving to music at all without looking stupid you can just learn how to do that shit too online these days. How does anyone learn anything? See how other people do it, copy them, practice

If you fundamentally don't understand dancing a lot, even being in a room where people are dancing in a way where they might invite you is worrying.

Like, I'm fine with people dancing, but I'd probably prefer to be in the next room *just in case*.

And if you do succumb to the seering peer pressure hypothetically of an entire Ghanaian family, including ancient parents, who are ALL dancing away happily, and you're basically forced to try to do it, the thing just devolves into Father Ted JUST PLAY THE FUCKING NOTE... NOT THAT FUCKING NOTE... WE HAVE THAT NOTE territory almost instantly.

I feel like this about 90% of the time and then just dance when i want to, which is a rare rare occasion - but it 100% has to be spontaneous - if i want to i'll just already be doing it. Being asked to dance is nightmarish to me too though - Like loads of people here i've had an odd relationship with music for decades which is really cerebral i love where music takes my mind and the weird weird relationship i can have with it and being told that i should interpret that physically on demand in front of lots of people i don't really know is madly unreasonable to me, or shut all that off and just wiggle about. Fuck off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back