Minor complaints thread (15 Viewers)

Some cunt nearly broke my leg at work today. I had to laugh it off because reasons. But that guy said "Oh, ha, I didn't really have a good hold of that did I? You're alright though yeah? lol" This is a guy who gets paid to do the exact same job as me for about £400/day.

But now I'm sitting here examining the bruise and I'm like "You absolute cunt. You've left work today not even knowing how much of a cunt you are". Such a punching. I'll punch his ancestors.

Nearly got hit by a car in Monday when i was walking at lunchtime.

Stepped in to the very edge of the road to let it past but the driver made no move to move into the centre to make space for me so I ended up having to jump onto the grass verge/ditch.

If my aged dog hadn't decided that he didn't fancy a walk that day I don't know if I'd have got him out of the way. And if I'd been trying to do that I might not have got out of the way.

Nearly got hit by a car in Monday when i was walking at lunchtime.

Stepped in to the very edge of the road to let it past but the driver made no move to move into the centre to make space for me so I ended up having to jump onto the grass verge/ditch.

If my aged dog hadn't decided that he didn't fancy a walk that day I don't know if I'd have got him out of the way. And if I'd been trying to do that I might not have got out of the way.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Dude, if I knew you in real life I'd badger you SO MUCH about shit like this. If someone can get 400 quid a day to do your job why aren't you getting paid that?

It all comes around. I don't think that the pay rates that some people are getting will last. If I can get in there I'll do it of course, but I'm loyal to a fault, so in the meantime I want to make sure I have a job that pays bills. Whereas matey leg-breaker boy will find himself waiting for a phone call that'll never come in a few months.

How I get myself into his position, I really don't know. It's a closed shop kind of thing.

was planning to go to Dublin today for first time since pre pandemic (22-2-20).
but after tea last night I started to feel slightly shit and vomited up a lot of what I ate about 7:30.
I then fell asleep watching the Europa League Final and went to bed shaking at 8:20 (only found out result @7:15 this morning). Anyway I've eaten nothing since and don't feel I can go out today.

apart from Covid and 24 hour bug I've haven't had any other viruses for years and it's never bad. Was going to go to Dublin on Tuesday but weather was shit, so in case I puke on someone or shit myself I'll leave it until next week...

That's the thing. It's a minor complaint. I've probably just been stuck indoors too much, finding things to complain about.

Keaveney 4 Life. (Onions!)
I know this is an old stoyr, but has an organisation pulled a greater own goal than 6Music dumping Keaveney from afternoons?

I like Craig fine. But he was in his groove on a Saturday. He's great then.

I am sure they have their reasons for doing it. But it (still) sucks.

I know this is an old stoyr, but has an organisation pulled a greater own goal than 6Music dumping Keaveney from afternoons?

I like Craig fine. But he was in his groove on a Saturday. He's great then.

I am sure they have their reasons for doing it. But it (still) sucks.

They changed a lot of things. I guess if you looked at the roster 5 or 6 years ago you had Keaveney, Lamacq, RadMac, Peterson, Robinson, Morgan, Charles, Riley, Gid, Hawkins, Laverne, Nemone, Hobbs.

Very white, middle aged and overwhelmingly male. I liked it more then, but I am a white middle aged male. Off to Radio X with me.

They changed a lot of things. I guess if you looked at the roster 5 or 6 years ago you had Keaveney, Lamacq, RadMac, Peterson, Robinson, Morgan, Charles, Riley, Gid, Hawkins, Laverne, Nemone, Hobbs.

Very white, middle aged and overwhelmingly male. I liked it more then, but I am a white middle aged male. Off to Radio X with me.
Ah, I get that aspect of it
But their big idea is to move one old guy to replace another?
At least make a job for a young 'un

They just have Charles double-jobbing it. And they've burned their best show.

Anyway, these are just observations
I don't complain

Cough

I'm not at all saying Craig doesn't deserve to be there, clearly his there as he's style is closest to Keaveneys. But of the white middle aged male triumvirate, he's only two of those things.

Also, of course, he's not from London. They're trying very hard to put different accents on the radio.

Craig's show is great though. Lister knows his stuff.
His Saturday show is fantastic
He lives for all that soul and funk stuff, and it shows. His heart is in it.

The midweek show, I don't feel it anywhere near as much.
And I feel nothing from Hawkins.

Needs someone from Yorkshire (where people are sensible)

When people change their avatar and username and I have no idea who they are anymore. Take @Denny Oubidoux for instance, who I thought was a new member and was ignoring on purpose, as is the way of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

• chris d
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back