Minor complaints thread (34 Viewers)

If the Shrinkwrap is tight it can sometimes prevent the record moving in the sleeve,but not always.
Likewise if the record is packed tight in the mailer it can sometimes prevent movement. But those fancy new mailers are rarely packed tight.

It takes about two seconds to take the record out.

( I'd prefer printed inserts to printed inner bags too, a plain inner with a split can easily be replaced)

Yeah agreed

If the Shrinkwrap is tight it can sometimes prevent the record moving in the sleeve,but not always.
Likewise if the record is packed tight in the mailer it can sometimes prevent movement. But those fancy new mailers are rarely packed tight.

It takes about two seconds to take the record out.

( I'd prefer printed inserts to printed inner bags too, a plain inner with a split can easily be replaced)
Signed and fucking co-signed.

got locked out of thumped

I got a new phone recently, which caused all kinds of problems. I was locked out of Thumped on my phone, until I got quoted by someone, and then was able to click on the link in the email to that quote, and then I was back in.

But the phone said something like "The page is redirecting in a why that will never load".

My old old account seems to be gone forever.

*way

I assume it has something to do with trying to log in via FB and google and whatever I did way back when, could've used a hotmail account, dunno, it was nearly 20 years ago.

Another record in the post with a seam split. Only the inner this time at least it had been taken out from the outer sleeve.

Expensive fancy mailer of course.

Another record in the post with a seam split. Only the inner this time at least it had been taken out from the outer sleeve.

Expensive fancy mailer of course.
when storing records - does taking them out of the outer sleeve (before putting the inner in a plastic sleeve) help when filing them?
I've stored records both ways and all in all keeping them in the sleeves seems a better option.
taking them out wasn't great for inner sleeves.
my records have little ring wear and very few split seams.

I don't know if it makes a difference,I suppose being packed too tight could cause ringwear ( mine are too tight because I've run out of space).
I sometimes don't put them in the sleeve proper if I'm playing a record a lot,but usually them properly when filing.

I don't know if it makes a difference,I suppose being packed too tight could cause ringwear ( mine are too tight because I've run out of space).
I sometimes don't put them in the sleeve proper if I'm playing a record a lot,but usually them properly when filing.
I think it's much of muchness. if it's a slight benefit in one way it a detraction in another.
I have maybe 700 odd LPs and 1200 7"s so thankfully space isn't an issue yet.

I actually also did the same thing for a minute.

Don't know anything about storing records, but I can say I've had bad luck when storing my bits.

My tuppence worth: The higher percentage of cotton the better. Whether you get that from TK Maxx or wherever. I use Sainsburys, but I suppose M&S would be good, or the occasional deal at Aldi/Lidl.

Disappointed to discover that (almost forgotten, 90s ) comedian Rhona Cameron is now working for GB News

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back