Minor complaints thread (20 Viewers)

i am looking forward to ringing the bike shop in the morning and asking 'if i, uh, brought around a bike to you, would you be able to beat the security devices for me?'
i should have called around cos they'd have recognised me straight away, but i rang my usual bike shop this morning (humphries in finglas) and explained the situation, and got a polite but firm 'no, we don't do that'. duff cycles in santry though did it for free without missing a beat. was kinda funny, the mechanic was simultaneously nice, grumpy and patronising all at the same time.

he was desperate for me to be wrong about something. i half muttered to myself 'i should have sprayed some penetrating oil on that' as i was handing him the bike (just in case the parts had seized and it was more awkward to crack open) and he gave me a few arch lines about how oil would not have prevented rust. then i mentioned that i needed to get the wheels off as the tyres were shot and he said dismissively 'there's *nothing* wrong with those tyres' so i held the wheel up for him to see and his reaction was 'jesus, those tyres are fucked'.
as mentioned, he was nice in the end, but christ help someone who didn't know about bikes.

My experience of these lads is not good. That shop on Parnell St is particularly filled with dickheads.
Cycle ways? They moved to the quays a few years ago. Had a couple of negative experiences there myself a few years back so never went there again.

There are good guys out there. Dara in bee cycles, Lukazs in Apex cycles often get recommended, and I've never had an issue with getting work done in humphries.

Last edited:
Joe Daly’s in Dundrum are always nice. I‘be had mixed experiences in Wheelworx in Liffey Valley, they’re always nice but occasionally you get someone gormless.

he was desperate for me to be wrong about something. i half muttered to myself 'i should have sprayed some penetrating oil on that' as i was handing him the bike (just in case the parts had seized and it was more awkward to crack open) and he gave me a few arch lines about how oil would not have prevented rust. then i mentioned that i needed to get the wheels off as the tyres were shot and he said dismissively 'there's *nothing* wrong with those tyres' so i held the wheel up for him to see and his reaction was 'jesus, those tyres are fucked'.
as mentioned, he was nice in the end, but christ help someone who didn't know about bikes.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

my mornings entertainment is not materialising. i am hoping my grumpy next door neighbour arrives home because a taxi driver decided to pull in and (fail to) change a wheel on the road outside; i'm not sure if the spare is also flat; but rather than pulling up in the ample space along the front of the houses along the garden wall, he's completely blocked the end of my neighbour's driveway. couldn't have made more of a bags of deciding where to pull in if he'd tried. he's been there about half an hour.
yes, it's a slow morning in work.

Crumlin hospital outpatients dept. is as uncomfortable as it was in January 2020, when we were here last.
Aramark pricks took over the cafes and the absolute muppets have sweet fuck all coeliac options. In a hospital. Here since 9.30, been to one clinic, now waiting for bloods, then xray, then eye clinic, and the offspring can't eat anything. What a shower of absolute bastards.

A friend of ours is off to NYC so I took a look at the gig listings for the crack and now I'm bummed cos the Mummies are playing next week in Queens

My experience of these lads is not good. That shop on Parnell St is particularly filled with dickheads.
looking back, we were pretty good I think.
We'd break locks for nothing fairly regularly, but it was usually for people we knew sort of thing.

Honestly for the amount of work that we'd pour into those bikes, and the price we charged, it was outrageously cheap. That's probably why we went under I guess.

You have paid your Customs Charge of €6.63 for the below item and An Post will now release it for delivery to you.

On a €15 t shirt. Won't be doing that again

Users who are viewing this thread

• S
  • M
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back