Minor complaints thread (39 Viewers)

hmm see the word "pay". That's a problem for any band I'm in. Not happy about that at all. I played some of my stuff through a new speaker thing I got and it sounded like absolute shit.

Well I do try barter as well but if we're gonna write songs and release them I'm happy to pay someone to make sure they sound how we want it and also sound good.

Well I do try barter as well but if we're gonna write songs and release them I'm happy to pay someone to make sure they sound how we want it and also sound good.
oh don't get me wrong, I absolutely agree with you. Something I think we should do in future. Even some of the stuff we have out there could do with a remix..

oh don't get me wrong, I absolutely agree with you. Something I think we should do in future. Even some of the stuff we have out there could do with a remix..

I get ya now. I think this latest Wild Rocket is mixed exactly as I wanted it. Probably first record I've been involved in that I'm fully happy with . Even knowing what I want and getting to that point has taken years of learning nevermind the actual mixing skills. Defo helps working with an engineer who ya 100% trust.

the other thing is, when you're actually in there, there are security guards standing at the doors to make sure you don't leave. I didn't appreciate that. I didn't think anyone who turned up was likely to make a run for it. On the wednesday of the week I was in I got a migraine and I was terrified I'd be called onto a case. I wanted to leave but those pricks intimidated me into not even trying. That was probably my own fault all the same.
this was harmless in the end. The minders were really sound and the whole thing is a lot more streamlined than the last time I was in. I'd actually be happy enough to go in again if I was called.

There are fuck all cases starting due to covid so we were all released after the first day. There was a pretty long case up for jury selection, but almost no one could do it due to the length. I'd have liked to be on it but there's no way I can be off work for that amount of time. The judge was really nice about it. Basically, if you didn't want to do it, you just had to say so and he'd excuse you.

this was harmless in the end. The minders were really sound and the whole thing is a lot more streamlined than the last time I was in. I'd actually be happy enough to go in again if I was called.

There are fuck all cases starting due to covid so we were all released after the first day. There was a pretty long case up for jury selection, but almost no one could do it due to the length. I'd have liked to be on it but there's no way I can be off work for that amount of time. The judge was really nice about it. Basically, if you didn't want to do it, you just had to say so and he'd excuse you.
there was some mention on the news earlier about a financial case which has come before the courts which could last 14 weeks. you'd need to be retired to be able to do that.

there was some mention on the news earlier about a financial case which has come before the courts which could last 14 weeks. you'd need to be retired to be able to do that.
yeah but they were very reasonable about it. Due to the length of the case they need a larger-than-usual jury, I presume to allow for covid or people needing to drop out for other illnesses/reasons. It was always gonna be a struggle for them to get that many, especially with them calling less people up cos covid. They had to have a second selection the following day to get the full 15. I don't know where they got those from cos my lot were excused on the monday.

It did occur to me when I was in there that they should call more older people as they might even enjoy having something to do for a few months. That, or call loads of civil servants.

one interesting thing about that case (the lynn one) was how long ago the events took place, i think 15 years ago. i wonder why that took so long to come to trial.

one interesting thing about that case (the lynn one) was how long ago the events took place, i think 15 years ago. i wonder why that took so long to come to trial.
he was only extradited back to Ireland, from Brazil, 2 years ago. I did some digging on it since monday. There was a discovery hearing in January 2020 (Michael Lynn discovery hearing set for 27 January) and I'm guessing a combination of, this is how long these things take, and covid, its only coming to trial now.

yeah but they were very reasonable about it. Due to the length of the case they need a larger-than-usual jury, I presume to allow for covid or people needing to drop out for other illnesses/reasons. It was always gonna be a struggle for them to get that many, especially with them calling less people up cos covid. They had to have a second selection the following day to get the full 15. I don't know where they got those from cos my lot were excused on the monday.

It did occur to me when I was in there that they should call more older people as they might even enjoy having something to do for a few months. That, or call loads of civil servants.
No.

Same here.

Skived today on the pretence that "I'm teaching you stupid new guys how to do things efficiently and in a way that won't end up crippling you years from now, like I am".
Truth is I could've done it faster and better myself, if I could walk properly.

And they didn't listen. They're hopeless.

Someone just took a massive shit in the lane in the garden.

I'm hoping no one is sending a message here, I don't think I've done anything shit worthy that I'm aware of.

I'm not sure what to do with it. I started gagging fairly hard after looking at it, so I put a bit of ash on it with some sort of idea of dealing with the smell (???). Then I realised I might have just preserved it.

So I've been ignoring that area of the garden anyway, and thinking about printing a small sign to put into said shit that says something along the lines of "For fucks sake."

Users who are viewing this thread

• JohnnyRaz
  • Bladez
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back