Minor complaints thread (16 Viewers)

called for jury duty. Pain in the hole. Just found out a lad I work with was called for the same week as me so at least I'll have a buddy
Which one are you?

homer-sleeping.gif

called for jury duty. Pain in the hole. Just found out a lad I work with was called for the same week as me so at least I'll have a buddy
Tony Hancock and Sid James on jury duty:
Hancock's Half Hour Twelve Angry Men
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the scene where the lads talk the deliberating jury around (the bend) is brilliant.
being a mentaler I got out of jury duty a few years ago.

'civic duty' is the biggest misnomer. Its a fucking obligation that you get hammered for if you don't do. I did it before and it was the most uncomfortable thing ever. I'd imagine the criminals on-trial were moving around the courts more freely than the jury panel. I hated it so much I considered coming off the voting register last time. Everything about it is set to intimidate you into relenting. I'm amazed some people actually enjoy it.

with the summons is a big long list of penalties for different things like not turning up, turning up when you shouldn't, serving on a jury when theres a conflict of interest, when you're disqualified, etc.

I think the biggest is a 2 grand fine. Most of the others are 250 or 500 bob

with the summons is a big long list of penalties for different things like not turning up, turning up when you shouldn't, serving on a jury when theres a conflict of interest, when you're disqualified, etc.

I think the biggest is a 2 grand fine. Most of the others are 250 or 500 bob
like i said, i've never heard of any of those being levied on anyone who didn't turn up. i know at least one person who simply forgot, and never heard a peep about it.

like i said, i've never heard of any of those being levied on anyone who didn't turn up. i know at least one person who simply forgot, and never heard a peep about it.
thats gas. The letter I got said I needed to return the form within 14 days of receiving it. It was sent on December 20th and I only got it last saturday, cos I was away over christmas. I returned it anyway and was worried they might give out to me for the late return - though its not hard to prove I was away.

The last time I was called I remember them calling people in for cases. At times they called names and no one moved. They just shrugged and called the next person on the list. And there was definitely no roll call at any time other than the first morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

• M
  • JohnnyRaz
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back