Minor complaints thread (15 Viewers)

earlier on I scrolled past the result of the simultaneous england-latvia match, and initially thought that england had won, 2-0. but no, england had won twenty fucking goals to nil, which is all just a bit ridiculous

Yeah it sorta exposes how formative the thing is, clearly latvia might have the players, but nothing like the structure to back them up. Ireland have a few premier league stars and a great manager at the minute. Good for latvia when they meet England again it probably cant go worse..

Yeah it sorta exposes how formative the thing is, clearly latvia might have the players, but nothing like the structure to back them up. Ireland have a few premier league stars and a great manager at the minute. Good for latvia when they meet England again it probably cant go worse..

I follow a guy on twitter who covers a lot of women's football and he was talking about that match. Loads of structural issues facing the Latvians last night.

All the English players are full time pros, which does imply that they're better than the Latvians but they obviously have the full time training which is a big help, but it also meant that some of Latvia's best players couldn't get time off work to play last night.

Also the Latvian league is summer football so they haven't been playing matches for a good few weeks compared to the English players who are full swing in the WSL.

I follow a guy on twitter who covers a lot of women's football and he was talking about that match. Loads of structural issues facing the Latvians last night.

All the English players are full time pros, which does imply that they're better than the Latvians but they obviously have the full time training which is a big help, but it also meant that some of Latvia's best players couldn't get time off work to play last night.

Also the Latvian league is summer football so they haven't been playing matches for a good few weeks compared to the English players who are full swing in the WSL.
Latvia have also recently come out of a very strict 3-week lockdown where no sports, including training, were permitted.

I wouldn't be too familiar with the women's game over there but I spent last summer out there and the city I was staying in have one of the top teams in the men's league. I went to a few games and the standard was pretty poor. There are some decent players, mostly journeymen brought in from abroad who want to use that league as a stepping stone to something better. Few enough of them do, though this lad Tolu Arokodare - Wikipedia got a couple of decent loan spells in better leagues.

All the games are played on astro. The climate doesn't support grass pitches really. And, as you mentioned, the games are all in the summer.

Last year Riga FC played Celtic in one of the european competitions and only lost one-nil. The team local to where I stay (Valmiera) played against Legia Warsaw and were beaten comfortably enough.

I'd put the standard lower than League of Ireland by a good bit. I got to know a couple of the players and they'd eye up the LOI as a step-up (Dundalk have a Latvian player on their books). As far as the international team goes, again very weak (recently drew with Andorra, Montenegro, Malta and the Faroes - twice).

But, as a sport its growing in popularity and I'd say its the most popular summer sport. The underage structures seem to be improving and you'd see hordes of kids in their kit going to/from training almost all the time. Their winters will continue to break any momentum they might generate, but I'd expect all of the work at underage should see an improvement at the top level in the not-too-distant-future.

years of trying to learn the Brian Setzer style of finger picking while holding a plectrum has meant I've forgotten how to use my index finger when playing fingerstyle. it's hard to unlearn and retrain it.

actually, should point out that he said to me 'they'll charge me for it' so i relented. they'd put a misleading sign up showing a discount; but i'll be asking one of the more senior guys about that next time i see him. it'd be a scumbag move to penalise the staff for signage mistakes.

actually, should point out that he said to me 'they'll charge me for it' so i relented. they'd put a misleading sign up showing a discount; but i'll be asking one of the more senior guys about that next time i see him. it'd be a scumbag move to penalise the staff for signage mistakes.
Do you mind me asking..what spar was this?

happens far too often. nobody needs to hear "sorry - I was in the jacks" multiple times a week.
Many efforts of meeting etiquette attempts have failed. Although could be forced via some tenant policies but I'm a little fed up over engineering or looking to new technology for what should be a simple behavioural change and common decency 🙄

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back