Minor complaints thread (19 Viewers)

Yeah in fairness Ryanair were straight up about their bullshit last time I booked on them, whereas on Aer Lingus I actually booked the flight and only later realised I needed to 'add a cabin bag' for an extra tenner.

Good lord
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Doesn't do much for me tbh. Everyone has mad lust for Dua Lipa, and I don't really see it. We all miss Gareth Brookes, but this is taking it too far man. Also, I thought hypersexualising young women was a bit noughties. I dunno, it's been done.

My main thoughts were: that room, the Great Room at Grosvenor House Hotel, cost £50k/day to hire, and also, those trousers would be really handy for work.

You know you're getting old etc....

A bit noughties? Don't you mean a bit entire-history-of-humankind?
certainly not. They didn't have music videos in the stone age. And then it was the power of the Celtic Woman, bringer of life, Mother Earth made flesh etc. But I'm not in a position to talk about that.

RE "a bit noughties" I don't see what Dua Lipa is doing that wasn't done by Kylie, Beyoncé, Shakira, Britney, Foxy, Christina (Aguilera or Milian) or a whole bunch of others way back when. I thought we'd moved on as a society. I think I'd like to hear a considered female opinion on this, as I am out of my depth.

The Tiny Desk version of Pretty Please gives me the shivers. That palm-muted bass, and the strat. Such a fucking groove, and I love her voice

(I also love the bit where she talks, because she's all fake with this annoying accent which gives me some relief from having the hots for her)

Is she not almoat half your age?

But It is all very hyper sexualised.
Like everything yeah. Though I'm bored to the fucking eyeballs of it.
Her tunes are grand but nothing great or exceptional/ really above average

certainly not. They didn't have music videos in the stone age. And then it was the power of the Celtic Woman, bringer of life, Mother Earth made flesh etc. But I'm not in a position to talk about that.

RE "a bit noughties" I don't see what Dua Lipa is doing that wasn't done by Kylie, Beyoncé, Shakira, Britney, Foxy, Christina (Aguilera or Milian) or a whole bunch of others way back when. I thought we'd moved on as a society. I think I'd like to hear a considered female opinion on this, as I am out of my depth.
I would have said that video was 90s as fuck, cause I think all that shit you're referring to was more late 90s, but it definitely looks like a throwback for sure

I'm having a tiresome day, God love me. The parents asked me to put something in the shed and I had to spend hours moving and rearranging auld shite that my father refuses to throw out in order to do it. My sister wants me to do the very same in her shed.

Madonna is the grandmother of all this.

I remember having a discussion about this with someone in work years ago. He was kind of appalled by all the hypersexualization & that female popstars were purely being judged on their looks. Ect....& one of my less erudite colleagues says " bleedin right. I don't want to look at some bouler signing a song"

Discussion over.

I'm not sure how you spell bouler.....

Users who are viewing this thread

• JohnnyRaz
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back