Minor complaints thread (19 Viewers)

Yeah, there's always been the shitbox contingent I suppose. The lads cruising about on bikes with just straight cut pipes by me all summer though. Like, painful, pause what you're doing and say "cunt", loud.

There only needs to be a couple of cops getting a bee in their bonnet about it, and confiscating the bike. I grew up driving bikes. I'm pro bike. But when the lads are BRAAPing about the place at 11pm waking kids up, it's shit. Everyone hates those cunts as far as I can tell, there'd be no pushback.

Confiscate a couple of bikes, put the word out on the forums. Hang out a few scarecrows so the lads taking the piss know. Because they can fuck off.
There's a subtle difference though; wanker McGregor-wannabes, who are clearly compensating for their sense of masculine inferiority, generally drive shiny cars with fat noisy exhausts. The difference with bikers with noisy exhausts is partially vanity, partially safety. You can hear them before you see them, almost putting other drivers on notice to look properly and not kill them.

its true! I just got a bunch of mine cleaned by a lad in rathmines if you need a contact.

I've a Tokina 12-24 lens that I think never properly recovered from a day at the beach years ago. my guess is there's a bit of sand stuck in its internals - i haven't used it in quite a while but the problem manifests itself when attempting to take a photo at certain apertures. The camera (which is a very very old Canon DSLR) completely crashes and i have to remove the battery to reset it. No fun.

I haven't bothered to get it fixed since I can't be arsed bringing the camera and stuff anywhere any more since it's so old now and my iPhone takes perfectly good photos (YES I KNOW IT'S NOT PROPER PHOTOGRAPHY) AND video - but to get to an actual point here, how much is lens repair these days?

I've a Tokina 12-24 lens that I think never properly recovered from a day at the beach years ago. my guess is there's a bit of sand stuck in its internals - i haven't used it in quite a while but the problem manifests itself when attempting to take a photo at certain apertures. The camera (which is a very very old Canon DSLR) completely crashes and i have to remove the battery to reset it. No fun.

I haven't bothered to get it fixed since I can't be arsed bringing the camera and stuff anywhere any more since it's so old now and my iPhone takes perfectly good photos (YES I KNOW IT'S NOT PROPER PHOTOGRAPHY) AND video - but to get to an actual point here, how much is lens repair these days?
I have a Tokina lens that does the same thing to my old Canon DSLR - so it might not be due to the sand.

Cheers! Was it expensive?
So I got both of my main workhorses (bronica etrsi + two lenses, and a canon ae1 with one lens) repaired, serviced. Both needed parts, and I paid like 300 in total. I think for a cleaning and service it would probably only be around 50, but the guy would definitely give you a quote. He's fairly old school but does a great job

Epic saga continues. £12 quid for one replacement adapter. £3 for the other, with a £10 handling fee. holy fucking jesus.

Aha! The one I bought comes with an adapter cable, so now that one plug can power either of my broken DABs.

Now I need to go back and decide whether to reorder the same thing, or just buy another of those adapter yokes, or go mess with the broken leads and play with wago's and solder. Or some combination thereof.

So I got both of my main workhorses (bronica etrsi + two lenses, and a canon ae1 with one lens) repaired, serviced. Both needed parts, and I paid like 300 in total. I think for a cleaning and service it would probably only be around 50, but the guy would definitely give you a quote. He's fairly old school but does a great job
Huh. A rather brusque response to a mail about asking was there an expected cost for lens cleaning.

"Fungus eats the coating on lens and cleaning will not successfully restore a lens to factory condition.

Regards,"

Users who are viewing this thread

• ernesto
  • MacDara
  • S
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back