Minor complaints thread (12 Viewers)

I see. It's a fucking blight in the US. I don't remember it being such a big thing here before though. That's unfortunate.

I mean, I guess the cops clearly DNGAF seeing as extremely loud pipes seem to be proliferating. I'm surprised, I thought there were fairly tight tests/restrictions on vehicles here.

Oh well. That's shitty.

yeah there is tests but usually in a test centre, every year or two and gives you plenty of time in between to fit / remove / refit loud as shit exhausts.
Letterkenny does be a no go area for the Donegal rally weekend it does be so deafening. Full of dickheads doing donuts and shite. Not a gard to be seen all weekend

Those exhaust pipes are aftermarket and are illegal, but the only way it seems to be policed is by the NCT. The wankers just fit the standard exhaust before the NCT and then refit the aftermarket exhaust. I lived in a small rural coastal town from in the 00's and every prick had one on their shitbox hatchback.
I'm convinced when another recession hits and they all emigrate it'll quiet down, that's what happened round '09

Those exhaust pipes are aftermarket and are illegal, but the only way it seems to be policed is by the NCT. The wankers just fit the standard exhaust before the NCT and then refit the aftermarket exhaust. I lived in a small rural coastal town from in the 00's and every prick had one on their shitbox hatchback.
I'm convinced when another recession hits and they all emigrate it'll quiet down, that's what happened round '09

Yeah, there's always been the shitbox contingent I suppose. The lads cruising about on bikes with just straight cut pipes by me all summer though. Like, painful, pause what you're doing and say "cunt", loud.

There only needs to be a couple of cops getting a bee in their bonnet about it, and confiscating the bike. I grew up driving bikes. I'm pro bike. But when the lads are BRAAPing about the place at 11pm waking kids up, it's shit. Everyone hates those cunts as far as I can tell, there'd be no pushback.

Confiscate a couple of bikes, put the word out on the forums. Hang out a few scarecrows so the lads taking the piss know. Because they can fuck off.

2. in the process of trying to find it, i have discovered most of my film camera lenses have fungus in them.

what's the mold actually growing on though?
Just, glass? Or the plasticy bits?

I suppose your hand has oils on it which could feed them. I know that if I left bike leathers in the press for a bit there'd be mold. But that's on manky leather, you'd think lenses would be clean enough.

On the glass, inside the lens. They'll have to be dismantled to be cleaned; someone on boards posted this when I asked if it might be a diy job.

Are people are deliberately making their bikes sound shit and embarrassing? I thought those noisy ones were broken
no, the bike comes with a muffler, which you'd cut off.
Then you have straight cut pipes, nothing between the headers and the outside world. If you can hear that painful cracking almost, that's straight cut.
Sometimes they just leave them straight, sometimes they stick other mufflers on.

I’ve one that I get billed 49c for every month and I just can’t be arsed cancelling it. I don’t use it much but it’s a good app.

i got soaked in the rain today. Got to work and hung my coat up to dry. It all just dripped into my open bag. Now my bag is full of water. Me berocca's and me rennies are ruined!

At least your Horlicks was in a jar.
I have never had Horlicks in my life.

But actually I did consider taking a few Barry's tea bags that mammy sent me to work today, as I knew the weather would be shocking, but didn't, plaeased be jaysis. Now please desist with your micro-aggressions sir.

The other lads (two Romanians, one Russian) just wanted borscht. I wanted borscht. It was that kind of rainy day that required home comforts.

Users who are viewing this thread

• S
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back