Minor complaints thread (9 Viewers)

yes and no. i've been summoned before, but wasn't called (i missed out on being on the jury of a rape case by a whisker).
yea, same, I wasn't called to a case either. Partly because there were 2 other long-running cases on from the previous weeks, so they started less cases than usual that week (only 4), and one of those turned into a kind of infamous long-running case (which I couldn't have done because I knew 2 cops and 1 witness from the list they called out).

But I hated the experience overall. I think they're call less up due to covid, so it'll be less claustrophobic in there (if its the criminal court). On the other hand there might be more of a chance of getting called up.

New records that are so tightly packed that the inner sleeve is already split before you manage to prise it out of the cover

My lunchtime flight in early November had been shifted to 0800.

FFS
Yeah. I've had Aer Lingus do this to me multiple times recently. I think, due to a lack of passengers, they are packing all their flights into one early morning flight. And probably the early morning airport slot is the cheapest.

Yeah. I've had Aer Lingus do this to me multiple times recently. I think, due to a lack of passengers, they are packing all their flights into one early morning flight. And probably the early morning airport slot is the cheapest.
depends where you're going, but that's generally not the case. Its more likely they could fill one flight with the 2 that were scheduled, and more were booked on the morning flight. Cancelling the lunchtime one pisses off less people.

Looks like the American trend of obnoxiously loud pipes on cars and bikes is over here now too?

I get that I'm on the Wild Atlantic Way or whatever the fuck, but I have to stop meetings / stop talking to my kids mid sentence when some of them roll past. Like the exhausts are so loud people in the same room can't hear each other.

Like, it's the vast minority of cars and bikes, and a lot of them seem to be UK tourists for some reason, but the Gards don't get pissy with this crowd? I'm guessing it's not legal?

i suspect it's simply that the gardai don't have any equipment to formalise being able to stop people for being too loud? some motorbikes are, as you say, insanely loud. i guess the rider is insulated from that noise if they've a helmet on?

Looks like the American trend of obnoxiously loud pipes on cars and bikes is over here now too?

I get that I'm on the Wild Atlantic Way or whatever the fuck, but I have to stop meetings / stop talking to my kids mid sentence when some of them roll past. Like the exhausts are so loud people in the same room can't hear each other.

Like, it's the vast minority of cars and bikes, and a lot of them seem to be UK tourists for some reason, but the Gards don't get pissy with this crowd? I'm guessing it's not legal?

asking gards to do anything about any yellow reg’d cars is an exercise in futility

asking gards to do anything about any yellow reg’d cars is an exercise in futility

I see. It's a fucking blight in the US. I don't remember it being such a big thing here before though. That's unfortunate.

I mean, I guess the cops clearly DNGAF seeing as extremely loud pipes seem to be proliferating. I'm surprised, I thought there were fairly tight tests/restrictions on vehicles here.

Oh well. That's shitty.

Users who are viewing this thread

• S
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back